Treatment of Breast cancer in India is available at best cancer hospitals in cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai. Cancer hospitals in India provide treatment for breast cancer patient under experienced team of surgeons. Surgeons in India perform the surgery using modernized equipments to provide better treatment to their patients in order to make their patients more comfortable and to make them fit mentally and physically. Surgeons in India make it possible for every patient of breast Cancer to have their surgery done easily and cure them thoroughly. Surgeons for Breast Cancer in India are certified professionals, and experienced in performing the surgery.
What is Breast Cancer?
The term “Breast cancer” refers to a malignant tumor that has developed from cells in the breast. Usually breast cancer either begins in the cells of the lobules, which are the milk-producing glands, or the ducts, the passages that drain milk from the lobules to the nipple. Less commonly, Breast cancer can begin in the stromal tissues, which include the fatty and fibrous connective tissues of the breast. Abnormal development of cells leads to the growth of tumor, when tumor is malignant in nature they are termed as cancer. Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer diagnosed in women today. Around the world breast cancer statistics shows that after lung cancer, breast cancer is the second most death-causing factor in people who develops cancer.
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer remains undiagnosed mostly in older women lack of predominant symptoms often results in late treatment for the disease. Early Breast cancer is devoid of pain if it is diagnosed in early stages treatment becomes far simpler and the recovery is faster. Few symptoms of breast cancer that are listed below are some common symptoms that have been seen in Breast cancer patients and these symptoms should be seen as a warning bell for testing for breast cancer.
• A lump or thickening in the breast area
• Liquid discharge from the nipple area
• Dimpling in the skin
• A change in shape and size of breast
• Blood stained discharge from the nipple area
• Sinking or changing shape of nipples
• Swelling or lumps in the breast or armpit
There are three categories of lump that can be found in women, they can be:
• Fibro derma
• Malignant tumor
The first two categories are benign, though all of the symptoms mentioned above are of Breast cancer but they may occur due to some other disease therefore it is very important to go for proper diagnosis before jumping to conclusions.
Treatment of Breast cancer
Once the tumor is identified as malign, surgery becomes one safe option to remove the malign lump. Surgery could involve removing whole of the breast or just the area where lump has formed. Usually if the penetration of the malignant cells is deep the whole area is cut off for stopping them to spread in other organs. The different surgeries have different medical terms for the treatment of Breast cancer:
• Breast Conserving or Breast Sparing Surgery: The surgery removes partial part of the breast.
• Lumpectomy: Means when a partial part of the breast is removed and a part of normal tissue are also removed.
• Segmental Mastectomy: The surgery removes a large part of the breast, little tissues that lie inside and some from the arms.
• Mastectomy: The surgery removes whole of the breast and tissues around arms.
• Radical Mastectomy: This is the old form of surgery that removes the breast, muscles around chest and lymph nodes. It is most intense surgery.
Also termed as radiotherapy, the treatment is effective to destroy the malign tissues around the affected area. Radiation uses high-energy rays to kill the dead cells. Radiation is further given by either external or by implantation or combined together as the person's treatment is designed.
Chemotherapy uses drugs to kill the cells and mostly inject