A short research work on
“How learning French is important ” ?
Presented by :-
•The French is one of the very few language
spoken all over the world.
•It ranked 6th as compare to the other
•There are currently 220 million French
•72 million peoples are called partial French
•OFI estimate that the number of French speaker
will rise up to 700 by 2050
•In Europe(excluding France) largest number of
French speaker are found in Belgium.
•French is Europe widely second most widely
spoken mother longue language.
•The French are a world leader in medical
•The French are the world’s 3rd manufacturers of
•sub-Saharan Africa 36.03%
• North Africa 15.28%
•America and the Caribbean 7.66%
•French language also include in the education
•An estimate 2 million people in some 50
different country are enrolled in bilingual
section with French as one of the language of
•French is also taught at establishments run by
France’s cultural network abroad
• French is one of the working languages of the United Nations alongside English,
Spanish, Russian, Arabic.
• French is one of the three procedural languages of the European Union.
• French is the sole official language of the Universal Postal Union (UPU).
• It is one of the working languages of many other international institutions:
1. The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
2. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
3.The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).
4.The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
5. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Benefits Of Learning French Language
• While Traveling Worldwide
1. French, being spoken across five continents
- North America, South America, Europe, Africa
2. Major tourist destinations consider French
as their national language, some being France,
Canada, Belgium, and Switzerland.
3. Morocco, Monaco, and Egypt are a few
members among the 56 listed on the International
Organization of French-speaking countries.
• Better Cultural Understanding
1. Culture forms the basis of a language.
2. By learning the language, you get a brief
idea of that country’s culture.
3. For example,
read French classic poems by Jean de la
Fontaine and Stephaney Mallarme,
French tragedies by Racine,
comedies by Moliere.
•For Better Business Opportunities
French language is highly useful in overseas
business, in both manufacturing and services.
Various French products, including beverages
like wine and liquors, cosmetics,
pharmaceuticals, and nuclear reactors are
exported to numerous countries across the
•Expressions In English
English language has adopted many French
words and expressions that are widely used in
everyday living. Second to English, French is the
largest studied language. Words like “au jus”
and “à la mode” are some commonly used food
and cooking terms. Similarly, “art nouveau” and
“art deco” are used in design, “cinéma noir” and
“cinema vérité” in films, and “décolleté” and
“chic” in fashion.
•French In ‘Romance’
1. French is regarded as the
‘language of love’, simply because of its
attractive appeal .
2.French spoken extensively in
3. French plays a vital role in
touching the sex appeal of a person,
especially the opposite sex.