In 1932, Henry Schein and his wife,
Ether $500 and opened a pharmacy
in Queens, New York.
◦ Together they grew their small pharmacy based on the
belief that affordable, high-quality merchandise and
excellent customer service were the building blocks of a
In 1940s, introduces private brand dental,
medical, and veterinarian products.
1971, focus more on dental practitioners with
operational excellence and discounted prices
In 1984, Henry Schein becomes the first in
the industry to automate the distribution
In 2009, broke ties from 3rd party distributor
and now is managed directly under Henry
Schein in Hawaii.
Henry Schein has three main segments:
Dental, Medical, and Veterinarian.
◦ Employ more than 13,500 Team Schein Members
Today, Henry Schein, Inc. is FORTUNE 500®
company, the largest distributor of health
care products and services to office-based
◦ Main Competitor nationwide
In1877, John Patterson and his brother Myron
Fayette (M.F.) Patterson purchased a
In agreement with his brother, M.F. acquired
the dental interests of their drugstore in
1891, and then moved the Company to St.
By 1959, Patterson Dental operated 40
2009, Patterson Dental enters the Hawaii
Henry Schein Dental’s Marketing focus is
creating a long lasting customer relationship.
◦ In-office marketing: One-To-One Marketing
◦ E-mail marketing: Personalizing Marketing
◦ Privileges Program: Loyalty Programs
◦ Publication marketing: Attracting Customers
Build relationships with clients face-to-face
◦ Henry Schein Dental has over 2,000 employees.
Evaluate customers needs and analyze their
business to offer recommendations
◦ Gives customers a sense of belonging knowing
someone see them in person.
Promote products and services tailored to
their own practice
◦ Update customer on specials and new items.
Personalized news updates and product
Keep in communication with clients to build
the Henry Schein Dental brand.
Helps attract new customers to the brand and
the Henry Schein Dental website to increase
◦ Allows clients to earn points on purchases to
redeem for various items.
Reward Loyal Customers
◦ Gives extra discounts and faster service repairs.
Advertise in the top dental magazines
◦ Promote brand, products, and services
Hawaii has a Quarterly Publication for the
customers in Hawaii.
Attract new customers
Increase brand awareness to large
Focus: Building Customer Relationships
Marketing Campaigns enable company to
gather information on customers, build
loyalty to company, and increase market
Company uses research to customize their
strategies to each individual client to help
improve their practice.
Allows company to analyze what areas need
improvement for growth