Definition of the Idiom “I told you so.”
• Definition of I TOLD YOU (SO)
• —used to say to someone that one was right
about something especially when that person
• You say "You were right after all."
• They say "See. I told you so!"
When in doubt, how to be ALWAYS be Right!
•Be right in God’s Eyes!
•God justifies us (counts us as righteous) by
Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ.
•Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as
a gift, through the redemption that is in
• Grace is the unmerited Favor of God.
• We are made righteous (justified) as a Gift of God!!!
• Means we rely on the atoning work of Jesus Christ to
make us justified (Righteous) not by anything we do
• SAVING FAITH includes OBEDIENCE to the Gospel! When
we believe God’s WORD we OBEY it!
• Act 2:38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be
baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for
the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift
of the Holy Spirit.
Big Benefit of our new Birth:
• RIGHTEOUSNESS (JUSTIFICATION)
• 1 Co 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were
washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the
name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our
• We live free from condemnation and have assurance of
Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation
for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Rom 8:38 For I am sure that neither death nor life,
nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things
to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else
in all creation, will be able to separate us from the
love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God give us New Desires
Romans 8:7 – Carnal mind is Enmity with God
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man
have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Justification (Being Righteous) => Sanctified
• Sanctified = Living a Holy Life Separated from Sin.
• No one is perfect! But NEW BIRTH gives us ability to resist temptation
and help us over come Spiritual Strongholds (habitual sin)
• God gives us new desires!
• 2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old
has passed away; behold, the new has come.
When we fail (sin)…
•Forgiveness is available through the BLOOD
of Jesus Christ!
•We can then continue to live a JUSTIFIED,
Living a Holy Life set apart from sin!
• 1John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the
light, we have fellowship one with another, and the
blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
• 1John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive
ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
• 1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
• 1John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make
him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Being Right requires alignment in all 4 areas!
Being Born Again and believe in the
Lordship of Jesus Christ. John 3:7; 8:24
Gospel: Death, Burial, and Ressurection
Conduct – Ephesians 4:29-31
1 Timothy 4:6 If thou put the brethren in
remembrance of these things, thou shalt be
a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up
in the words of faith and of good doctrine,
whereunto thou hast attained.
Example Ananias and Sapphira - Acts 5:1-11
Ananias and Sapphira were apostolic in doctrine but wrong
in the spirit and subsequently lied to the Holy Spirit.
God punished them with death. Acts 5:1-11
Corneilus the Centurion…Acts 10:1-6; 11:13-14
Cornelius the Centurion prayed so sincerely that God sent
an angel and informed him that the apostle Peter would
teach him how to be SAVED!
Acts 10:1-6; 11:13-14
Apollos in Ephesus – Acts 18:24-26
Act 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and
mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
Act 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit,
he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
Act 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla
had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more
Uzzah – death from touching Arc of Covenant
2nd Samuel 6:1-8
Moses struck the rock instead of speaking to
it. Numbers 20:7-12
What does your matrix look like? Pitfalls:
? – Not believing entire Bible
? Easily angered; impatient; criticizing;
? – Lust (Matthew 5:28); Murder = hate (1
Is your Faith solid?
How is your thought life?
Regular church attendance?
2nd Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these
promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse
ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and
spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
• Being RIGHT means we are right in all 4 quadrants:
• 1. Faith
• 2. Intentions (spirit)
• 3. Conduct
• 4. Doctrine
• Trust Jesus and his cleansing blood.
• By God’s GRACE we walk with Him and be RIGHT in HIS sight!