How to Buy a URL/ Domain
Jennifer Gardella, PhD
Your Social Media Expert
What Your Domain Name Should Do:
- You want your website to rank in organic search results.
- Your rank depends on how well you have taken care of your SEO
For a Successful URL:
-The website should include your target keywords
- You should have the URL for your name (jennifergardella.com) as well as
common variations (jengardella.com)
For example: Donald Trump purchased JebBush.com and the URL now takes
you to Donald Trump’s website.
You do not want a competitor to purchase a URL with your
name and point it to their site!
Buy one, Buy ALL
• Your name (and a shorter version if your name can shorter like
Jennifer to Jen)
• A common misspelling of your name
• PhiladelphiaDivorceattorney.com (currently available for $10,000 it is
so valuable ).
• Other URL’s with your core business areas
• URL’s that mix your core business areas with geographic locations if
that relates to your business.
All of your URL’s should point to your
main website, which is the one
connected to Google Analytics.