Outdoor Patio Fireplaces Are The
Focus Of Backyard Design
Outdoor patio fireplaces create an outdoor living room environment
with designated places to relax, dine and entertain outdoors.
• More families are using their
backyards as outdoor extensions
of their living rooms.
• Complete with backyard
furniture, accessories and design
themes, they’re often anchored
with elements such as outdoor
Where To Install Outdoor Fireplaces
An outdoor patio fireplace is versatile. It can be located in a
variety of places outdoors. Choose a spot where the family can
relax. By choosing a covered spot, you can add a television and
make it an outdoor entertaining room.
• Outdoor wall of the home
Types Of Outdoor Patio Fireplaces
There are many types of outdoor patio fireplaces. Each design
is meant to complement a variety of backyards and designs.
• Custom and pre‐fabricated
hearth fireplaces mimic the look
and feel of traditional indoor
• Natural materials such as
concrete, masonry or stonework
that complement the exterior of
a home can be used for outdoor
• The kind of fireplace you select
may require professional
Keep Outdoor Fireplaces Affordable
Outdoor fireplaces don’t have to be out of your budget.
• Kits and modular designs are one
of the most cost effective ways to
own a fireplace without spending
tons of money.
• They typically take a few hours
to build, and use interlocking
pieces in construction that
doesn’t require professional
• They are ideal for do‐it‐
yourselfers, because they are
easy to assemble. These can be
accessorized to create your own
unique look. Most outdoor patio
fireplaces can be moved when
Other Outdoor Options
Here are a few of the many outdoor patio fireplaces and grills to
• Different fuel types: wood
• BBQ units that are suitable
for cooking or enjoying a
• See‐through fireplace units
for access from all angles
• Outdoor fireplaces can be
accented with brick, stone,
or interesting door designs
Customize The Fireplace
For Your Needs
If you choose to
enhance your unit with
facing material, you can
choose brick, stone or
pavers to accent your
Unique materials can Unique metal door
be added to fireplaces options are
enabling you to available for most
customize the fireplaces and can
fireplace for your add personality to
outdoor space. your outdoor
Fire Pits Are Easy
& Inexpensive Options
• Fire pits are easy options to
create outdoor patio fireplaces
without lots of construction,
expensive contractors and
extensive do‐it‐yourself work.
• They are portable, anchor sitting
areas, and are available in many
styles and shapes.
• Fire pits come in wood and gas
burning models, but make sure
municipal fire safety regulations
are obeyed and they are used on
the proper surfaces.
Fire Fountain & Tabletop
• Fire fountains and tabletop firebowls
bring the ambiance of a fire to a
backyard, garden, patio, or pool area.
• Units are typically made of fireproof
polyresin materials that can endure
temperatures up to 400‐800 degrees
• The frame and burners are built with
stainless steel and push‐button
igniters which control gas flow.
• Lava rocks are included to cover the
fire ring, transferring either propane
or natural gas, providing a realistic
Helpful Hints For Creating An Outdoor
With Outdoor Fireplaces
• Outdoor fireplaces aren’t the only option for outdoor living
spaces. You can also use things such as large area rugs, gazebos
and awnings to create outdoor focal space for a backyard retreat.
• Make sure the space is properly vented and is carefully protected
underneath the area where it is located.
• No matter what you use – firepits, firebowls or fountains –
traditional or contemporary elements – outdoor fireplaces
provide years of comfort and enjoyment to any outdoor living