1. 1Candida N. Payne
1312 Gold Dust Lane♦ Saginaw, Texas 76131 (972) 768.8958
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
General Ledger AP/AR Cash Management
Journal Entries Variance Analysis Training
Month End Close Budgeting Planning & Forecasting
Reconciliation Credit/Collections Internal audit controls
FAR/DAR BOM/BOL Inventory
First American Payment Systems 2015-2016
Financial Reporting Accountant for a credit card processing organization to private and
Responsibilities include preparing and consolidating the monthly and quarterly reporting basis of financial
data and numerous stats.
• Coordinate with various corporate operational departments regarding required financial reporting
• Develop and prepare a presentation for the monthly and quarterly stats
• Preparation of the monthly cash flow statement and annual cash flow statement for the audit report
• Assist with daily accounting activities of the Central Payment Processing dept.
DynCorp International Forth Worth, Texas 2013-2015
Sr. Accountant for an organization that provides maintenance, repairs and service to the
Responsibilities include month end close, forecasting, billing, auditing process and cash management
• Applied knowledge of accounting principles to activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts
and developing reports
• Responsible for invoicing contracts in accordance with terms
• Performed day to day accounting functions of the accounting department
• Perform month end closing including journal entries, revenue recognition and analyzing account
• Coordinate with the site staff to support accounts payable, payroll and ad hoc reports
• Prepared specialized reports for analyses such as pivot tables and v-lookups
• Prepared and updated monthly reconciliations and assisted with the internal audit process
Trinity Structural Towers, Inc. Fort Worth, Texas 2008- 2013
Plant Accountant for manufacturing plant producing structural towers for the wind energy
Responsibilities include month end close, accounts payable, audits, forecasting and budgeting, inventory and special
• Train and advise supervisors in their performance of internal controls required by Sarbanes-Oxley legislation. Prepare
plant personnel for corporate internal audits.
• Responsible for preparation of the operating budget and monthly forecasting.
• Provide financial reporting and detailed analysis for the plant manager.
• Perform regular audits of internal control procedures and advise plant manager of improvements required to assure
adequacy of controls.
• Perform month end closing entries and general ledger management.
• Perform reconciliations on several accounts – bulk fuel, payroll and BOA
• Provide information to president of the division on key performance indicators.
• Maintain detailed fixed asset records of all plant equipment.
• Prepare and submit expense reports for approx. 25 employees
• Acting IT Coordinator for the plant.
• Back up Payroll and BOA(accounts payable) administrator
2. Account Temps/Robert Half Fort Worth, Texas 2006-2008
A financial staffing agency with approximately $3 billion in revenue
Staff Accountant (Zee TV, Campbell Health Systems, Chigger Trucking, DynCorp)
Responsibilities included Cash management, month end close, invoicing, accounts receivable and payables, training,
reconciling, and special projects.
• Performed day to day accounting functions of the accounting department
• Tracked, analyzed, and insured payments for incentive programs with vendors, maintained the daily cash management
and operational needs
• Invoiced and collected receivables from customers and physician
• Reconciled , audited and paid account payables and cash receipts, account receivables, and bank accounts
• Prepared monthly financial and operating reports from statistical data
• Reviewed staff procedures and implemented internal controls
• Participant in Audit Meeting with CPA firm and Chigger in explaining Audit
• Obtained and maintained complete familiarity with segments of Jordan contract –task orders, rate changes and
elements of allowable and unallowable cost
• Prepared specialized reports for analyses such as pivot tables
Exhibit Group/Giltspur; TL Horton Grapevine, Texas 2003-2005
A manufacturing company that designs, produces and programs kiosk and exhibits
Responsibilities included managing the parts and accessory department, ordering, auditing and closing jobs
• Primary contact for Mall personnel for Specialty Leasing Program, which included ordering parts and accessories,
pricing, processing orders and maintaining accounts
• Assisted in Collections of Account Receivables for the Parts and Accessory Department
• Investigated complaints and warranty issues related to parts and accessories or new products
• Maintained database of customer request, contact information and warranty issues
• Improved the margins by 20% in the Parts and Accessory Pricing Program and created a user manual for customers
Staff Accountant (promotion)
Responsibilities included invoicing, month end close process and special projects.
• Insured accuracy and timely invoices of customer accounts
• Prepared and input journal entries and account reconciliations
Warrantech Corporation Euless, Texas 2001-2003
A provider of service contracts and extended warranties
Responsibilities include Cash management, Financial Reporting, Financial analysis, journal entries, monthly accounting
close process, account reconciliations and special projects.
• Prepared and reviewed journal entries for 3 separate divisions (Consumer Product Services, Home and Direct)
• Tracked, analyzed, and insured payments for compensation programs with vendors, develop procedures for the daily
cash management and operational needs
• Key contact for the Direct’s special programs between departments and analyzed special incentive programs for key
Verizon Wireless Westlake, Texas (formerly PrimeCo) 1996-2001
A wireless phone company with $38B in revenue and 68000 employees
Senior Financial Analyst -promotion (2001)
Prepared financial models for proposed price plans to determine if results to meet organizational objectives.
· Supported other department initiatives geared toward reducing churn, improving retention and promotions that increased
· Developed financial models for miscellaneous analyses within and outside of the Business Analysis dept.
· Developed special ad hoc reporting and business case analysis for a competitive outlook
Senior Financial Analyst-promotion (2000)
Responsibilities include preparation of monthly Financial analysis, Financial Reporting, Budget Preparation, and monthly
accounting close process including accruals and journal entries.
· Key contact among all headquarter groups and 3 call centers which increased efficiency and accuracy for financial
3. · Provided Financial forecasts, Operational reviews, and Quota assessment to enhance decision-making processes for a
wireless telecommunications company with over 1.4 million subscribers and approximately $720 million in annual
· Developed special ad hoc reporting and business case analysis for the joint venture transition and presentation of
· Supported development of the activation sales queue and the associated compensation programs
· Month end close process, journal entries
Senior Accountant-promotion (1997-2000)
Supervised the monthly closing process for Corporate Marketing, Corporate Customer Care and 5 of PrimeCo’s regional
· Prepared and reviewed journal entries, analyzed financial statements
· Coordinated the year-end audit including providing, gathering and meeting deadlines
· Tracked and analyzed special programs with vendors, maintained the Chart of Accounts and developed procedures for
the month end close process
· Trained incoming accounting personnel on software and month end close procedures
· Able to save the company $1.3 M dollars at month end and year end close
Revenue Assurance (1996-1997)
Primarily responsible for analysis of the Billing System to insure limited revenue lost.
· Investigated, reported, and resolved problems that occurred within the billing system
· Tracked records in the system which increased efficiency and decreased errors on customer bills
Bachelor of Science- Business Administration
Florida A & M University, Tallahassee, Florida; GPA 3.02; Cum Laude
Windows Access Turbo Tax Kronos
Peoplesoft Financial System Oracle Cost Point Concur
Quickbooks AS400 Peachtree MS Office
Excel Impromptu PowerChurch