• General Manager of Vorian Agency – Delivering integrated online and offline marketing
solutions to business wrestling with how to market in today’s changing environment.
• With over 20 years Information Technology and Online Marketing Experience, primary
speciality being Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), working both within agency and in-
house roles as a digital marketing specialist.
• Enjoys keeping up with the 'bleeding edge' of technology advancements and social media
evolvement to ensure current knowledge in an ever changing landscape, leading to early
adoption and determination of opportunity for marketing enhancement.
• Local, national and international project experience particularly in the field of Travel with
companies such as Trafalgar Tours, The Travel Corporation brand and travel properties,
Stella Travel and Best Flights; Matt has earned a reputation as an online marketing expert
and search evangelist for thoroughness, quality, technical knowledge and success driven
results. Matt's previous role was as the Global Online Marketing Manager for Trafalgar,
coordinating the online marketing efforts with international teams for this global brand.
Your Presenter: Vorian Agency General Manager
In today’s session…
• Content Marketing
• Social Media Marketing
• Repurposing Content
• The Social Sales Person
• Efficient Social Media Management with HootSuite
• The Yearly Marketing Calendar
• The Monthly Marketing Calendar
• Google URL Shortener
• Google Campaign Tag Management
• Campaign Tracking Effectively with Google Analytics
It all starts with Content
• Content Marketing, Social Media and SEO works together for great results…
• Blog posts
• Videos and Podcasts
• Images and Infographics
• Website copy and Product descriptions
• Digital magazines
• Research reports
• Case studies
• ... then syndicate all of this content through your social channels: Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest…
Which SM to use? By the numbers
• Go to where the users are, don't ignore them:
• Images/video, there are multiple types of video social media channels where video
can be posted/embedded, likewise with images. Look to reuse this graphic content in
• Depending on channels repurposed to, adjust the tone of voice of the text to suit.
• Anchor tags/link references variance (avoid duplicate content)
Include the Social Salesperson
• We are seeing the rise of the 'social salesperson', that can enrich the marketing
department's SMI efforts weaving SEO techniques into their day-to-day work.
• Content marketing is fundamental to the success of any organisation that wants to
generate business online.
• Your savvy sales individuals will have unique perspectives on the market, products
features/benefits, and how to solve problems.
• They will be able to identify common customer questions, reservations, and effective
• They are ideally placed to help with the creation of content that aligns with every
stage of the sales funnel.
• Content should be monitored of course and vetted before representing the brand
(have a brand guideline or ‘style guide’ is a good start).
• The sheer volume, and quality of content will be beneficial for the business.
• Savvy sales reps can support the business by sharing information via social
• Retweet company announcements, promoting content, engaging with their
• As the sales rep's social presence grows, so should the brand's, bringing in new
followers and widening your social reach.
The Social Salesperson…
• Ask them to engage with customers, prospects and industry peers on blogs, and
groups (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+) this will help to build relevant links
back into your site.
• Encourage them to attend local meet-up groups or networking events, where they
can 'check-in', 'tweet' and post updates.
• Many sites, associations and groups allow the users to post profiles, and links... and
contribute to solid link authority references back to your site.
• Salespeople tend to have larger than normal networks, which can be tapped into and
used for SEO, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+
• Colleagues in complementary organisations on LinkedIn, who can be used for guest
blog posts, co-marketing sponsorships, interviews and
• Keeping up-to-date and informed on the competition,
your sales team are well suited for this role.
• Successful SMI requires the full integration of your
Efficient Social Media Management - HootSuite
• Did you know you can use HootSuite with many of the popular Social Media channels
to connect with consumers, broadcast, amplify, and monitor conversations?
• Repurpose content across multiple social media channels and coordinate your social
media campaign management from HootSuite.
• Schedule your posts in HootSuite in advance (day and time) upload from a spread
• Great for monitoring and listening
• Google Analytics connection
• Canned responses
• Shortened URL
• Get the App!
Optimisation for SMI
Three areas marketers can optimise for a more strategic and holistic approach to
successful internet marketing:
1.Optimise for Discovery – How does your target audience prefer to find information?
Search, Social, Email, Advertising, Word of Mouth. What devices do they use? When are
they most likely to search, socialise or purchase?
2.Optimise for Consumption – What content formats and media types does your
community prefer? Do they like long or short form? Text, images, audio or video?
3.Optimise for Engagement – What messages, topics and contexts motivate your
community to interact, share and convert?
• Apply shared learning's from each channel
• Cross pollination between each channel (share and point between)
• Focus on the strengths on each channel (demographic understanding, delivery time)
• Explain where you are (which channels)! Do this by… social share/follow on
site/EDM/email stationery/off-line opportunities (POS etc.).
• So much effort taken to drive traffic to a business, why not get them to stick
(particularly during their research phase)
• Opportunities to reinforce (confirmation pages, automated emails)
• Provide access to immediate information (Twitter, Facebook, Community?)
Google URL Shortener
• To assist your marketing campaign reporting and tracking of the efforts of links
you post and measure the effectiveness of your activities, consider using a
consistent URL shortener such as Google’s goo.gl
Google Campaign Tracking
• Google Analytics Campaign Link Tagging Tool is also very useful to create
tagged URLs with campaign and source information that you can then shorten.
The results are then measured within Google Analytics to show the
effectiveness of different mediums.
Google Campaign Tracking
• A look at Google Analytics to show Campaign Tracking…
After today’s session, please feel free to connect with me if
you have additional questions:
Don’t forget to follow Vorian Agency on LinkedIn:
All of my other Social Media links are available on About.Me: