2. This city was ruled by the Solanki kings till the 13 th century AD. It was then conquered by Sultan ______ Shah who founded the present city. The city was ruled by this dynasty till the Mughals came into prominence. During the Mughal reign, the city became an important centre of textile trade which it continues to be, till date.
3. X enrolled at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, graduating with a BS in Electrical Engineering in the early 1950s. He spent a year in Eindhoven, Netherlands, in the research labs at NV Philips Electronics. He enrolled as a professor in Electrical Engineering at MIT while at the same time he started researching keenly on Acoustics. He came up with an invention related to acoustics, which all of us have come across/used. What was the invention?
7. X was a theologian, philosopher, and scriptural exegete. X had a wide following during his lifetime. On his death, his followers built him a sannadhi in the main temple complex of the city where he lived. It is believed that his own body was embalmed and installed as a statue in the sannadhi. Over the years some people believed this legend while the others claimed it was just a statue. One could see that only the fingers looked somewhat real while the rest of the body only looked like a statue. The temple priests who have direct access to the statue say that it felt rock solid like a stone statue but there are times when the fingers felt soft like that of a human. Identify X and the temple.
8. X was born in Mahendragarh district in Haryana. As a child he suffered from paralysis. He has stated that it was through _____ that he was able to regain the full functionality of his body again. He attended school till the eighth standard in Shahbajpur. He then joined an Aarsh Gurukul in Khanpur village to study Sanskrit and ______. He claimed that he has cured Cancer and has minimized the suffering of AIDS patients through his art. In January 2007 he was awarded the Honorary Doctorate by Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar, Orissa. He received it at the hands of scientist and Nobel laureate Richard R. Ernstin recognition of his efforts at popularizing the Vedic science of ____. Identify X.
9. In 1799, Tipu Sultan waged a fierce battle with the British. In order to ward off his challenge and defeat him, the British troops surrounded his entire kingdom. The British commanding- officer Rick Allen led the South West regiment. It is believed that this regiment’s camp gave the name to a place. Which place?
11. This was an ad that was aired on TV in late 2003 and early 2004. It created a sensation of sorts. This was the first ad that adopted a new strategy in the field of advertising in India. The strategy was that a line (a catch phrase or tagline in the form of a question) alone would be aired first. This arouses the curiosity of the people and subsequently the ad unfolds in parts. Though a sensation initially, its content was criticized and the ad was later dropped. A lot of ads that came after this ad followed the same strategy. Which ad am I talking about?
12. X and his sister Gail (born 1939) grew up in New York City. After the birth of his sister Nina, his mother Doris Norden and his stepfather, Rama Chattopadhyaya moved the family to India when X was seven. X's stepfather was a pioneer in color film processing in Bombay for Bollywood. His brother Neelkanth was born in Mumbai in 1953,He continued his education (begun in New York) at the Kodaikanal International School (class of 1960). He studied at Wyoming University in 1962, was drafted into the U.S. Army during the Vietnam era, where he trained and was a medic on a military base hospital in Japan. After his tour of duty from he apprenticed at the Miami _______with Bill Haast whom he affectionately calls his "guru". (1963 to 1965). A short career in the Merchant Navy brought him back to India. He later earned a B.Sc. in Wildlife management from Pacific Western University in 1986. X is a naturalized Indian citizen. He married his wife Zai in 1974, they have two sons, Nikhil (Wildlife Management)and Samir,(microbiologist). X currently lives in Tamil Nadu. In 1996, X produced the documentary The King and I, which received numerous awards including 2 Emmy awards. Identify X.
15. X was born on December 14, 1918 in Bellur, Kolar District, Karnataka, India. He is considered one of the foremost yoga teachers in the world and has been practicing and teaching yoga for more than 75 years. He has written many books on yogic practice and philosophy, and is best known for his books Light on Yoga, Light on Pranayama, and Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. He has also written several definitive yoga texts. His yoga centers are located throughout the world, and it is believed that millions of students practice his form of Yoga.
He was awarded the Padma Shri in 1991, and the Padma Bhushan in 2002. In 2004, X was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time Magazine. Identify X.
This painting is a gift by Rajinikanth to Kamal Haasan.
During the function to celebrate Kamal’s 50 years in cinema, Rajini spoke that while the Goddess of Art walked by holding the hands of actors like him, Chiranjeevi, Mohanlal, etc., she held Kamal alone in her arms as a sign of appreciation to his toil and achievements.
He later called a renowned painter to his house and had the scene that he had depicted, painted. The painting was then gifted to Kamal.