1. A PROJECT REPORT ON USING JAVA A Project Report submitted for the partial fulfilment of the requirement for Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology under Punjab Technical University SIX MONTH INDUSTRIAL TRAINING ( SEM 8th) BATCH (2008 TO 2012)Submitted To: Submitted By:Miss.Ritu Bala(H.O.D) Parul SharmaSupervised By: B.Tech(I.T) 8th SEMMR.SHER SINGH Roll no:80608113029
2. AcknowledgementA project is a major milestone during the study period of a student. WhenI started planning for this project, I thought that it takes just a lot ofreference material and secretarial assistance to make a project. But to mysurprise, I found that making a project is, in fact, a collective effort basedon contributions of many-known and unknown. The list of such persons islong and their contributions have come without the desire for any return.So, it is my pleasure to take this opportunity to thank all those people whohave helped me directly or indirectly in preparation of this project. Themaking of a project of this nature, particularly in a class where not muchexposure to software development is there would not have been possiblewithout consulting many projects of other project makers. I am indebtedto all of them. I feel honored to express my sincere gratitude to Mr.SherSingh, his constant encouragement and co-operation have been a sourceof everlasting inspiration for me in doing my project “Phishpool”. Theytreated me not only as a professor but also as a friend, as a project mate. Iwould also like to thank all those professors of our department to whom Ihave consulted, even for smallest thing, during the project. PARUL SHARMA 80608113029
3. CS Technologies is an internationally recognized Softwaredevelopment, IT Training and Network Solution company with state of artinfrastructure, certified trainers and the widest range of Industry relevantcourseware covering entire IT Learning space and technologies. CS Technologies, having it Corporate Office in Amritsar and Chandigarh , started its operation in the year 2008 ans since then it has steadily grown to become one of the largest providers if IT Training. CS Continues to solidify its industry leadership position by developing the processes for deliverling quality instruction for the largest technology training segments. The edge for CS Technologies has been its wholesome focus of International Certifications, Quality Training and Uncompromising Student Satisfaction. All the programs are devised to equip the students with unparalleled professional expertise as you walk out with the Internationally Acclaimed Certifications. CS Technologies specializes in providing High Tech Industrial Training (6Months / 6 Weeks) to all the Engineering & MCA students mainly in Oracle DBA,Red Hat Linux, MCSE, CISCO and JAVA Technologies with exposure to Realtime. We strongly believe that an atmosphere where the students feels comfortable and at ease makes for better learning. We have world class infrastructure having latest Pentium machines, high-end Routers and Switches, Licenced Software, Multimedia Projecters for training, Wi-Fi labs etc. Our centre and classrooms are designed to ensure a warm and extermely professional environment. We proffer air conditioned labs having high standard of hygiene.
4. 1. ABSTRACT OF THE PROJECTPhishpool.com(Antiphishing Site)This site is a computerized, online solution to the various problems faced byinternet users who are deceived by the phishers and lose their account information,security and data.Overview of the ProjectPhishpool is a web application developed to stop the cyber crime and to preventusers from cyber attacks. There are a number of sites called as phishing sites oninternet which are used to leak the security and information of users like bankaccounts, emails, social networking and number of frauds done by these sites.These sites provide users with the fake login pages to hack their accounts. So wehave developed an antiphishing site which is a huge database to detect or searchthese sites.2. PROFILE OF THE PROBLEM ASSIGNED
5. With the increased popularity of the internet, the phishingattacks are also growing over various reputed organizations and companies.Phishing is a way of attempting to acquire information such as usernames,passwords, and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in anelectric communication. Communications purporting to be from popular socialweb sites, auction sites, online payment processors or IT administrators arecommonly used to lure the unsuspecting public. Phishing is typically carried out bye-mail spoofing or instant messaging, and it often directs users to enter details at afake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one.Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to deceive users, andexploits the poor usability of current web security technologies. Attempts to dealwith the growing number of reported phishing incidents include legislation, usertraining, public awareness, and technical security measures.In order to lure the victim into giving up sensitive information the message mightinclude imperatives like "verify your account" or "confirm billing information".Once the victim had revealed the password, the attacker could access and use thevictims account for fraudulent purposes or spamming. Phishers are targeting thecustomers of banks and online payment services. “Phishpool” is a web application to be developed in JAVA/ORACLE. The mainconcept of this is to aware the people with phishing attacks as well as to securethemselves. This web application has three modules for the management.