Do You Suffer from Podcastus
A horribly debilitating disease
that ravages the body and
mind of the victim. Sufferers
lose cognitive coherency and
start to believe that podcasts
are either not relevant to their
lives, or else pretend they
don’t even know what they
Even Among Geeks…
• 47% have never listened to a podcast.
• 50.4% don’t listen because they don’t
own a digital audio player.
• 64.8% don’t listen to podcasts because
they “don’t know enough about them.”
• A serialized, regularly updated,
subscription-based audio or video
message delivered to a computer or audio
file player. (Karen J. Bannan)
• The method of distributing multimedia
files, such as audio programs or music
videos, over the Internet using either the
RSS or Atom syndication formats, for
playback on mobile devices and personal
And in English That Means…
• If you can’t subscribe, it’s not a podcast.
• If you can’t listen whenever and
wherever you want, it’s not a podcast.
• You don’t need an iPod to listen to or
• The only people listening are already
interested in what the podcaster has to