India tourism and travel industry is growing at a fast pace
India Tourism And Travel Industry
Is Growing At A Fast Pace
• India tourism and travel industry is a happening one. Tourism
contributes to around 8 per cent of the GDP and is an important
source of revenue and employment generation.
• Tourism is an industry that generates jobs for people who may have
found it tough to gain meaningful employment in some other sector.
According to reliable reports, there are 78 jobs created in tourism
industry for every million rupees invested.
• This is much higher than the manufacturing sector which creates only
45 jobs for every million rupees. Also, women account for 70 per
cent of jobs in the tourism sector and a majority of people employed
in it are youths with the average age hovering around 26 years.
• India has everything from backwaters to mountains. It has rich flora
and fauna and a long and compelling history. There are magnificent
monuments, architectural wonders, breathtakingly beautiful hill
stations, and pristine beaches.
• Some very important places and monuments that continue to
contribute handsomely to the growth and development of India
tourism and travel industry are as following:
1. The Taj Mahal
• The Taj Mahal which literally translates into the ‘crown of palaces’ is
a white marble mausoleum located in the city of Agra, UP. One of the
architectural masterpieces of Mughal Empire, this UNESCO world
heritage site attracts more than 3 million tourists every year.
• Built by Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved queen Arjumand Bano
aka Mumtaz Mahal, this magnificent monument is often called by
experts to be "the jewel of Muslim art in India” and is considered as
one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world's heritage.
• Taj Mahal’s construction started around 1632 and this finest example
of Mughal architecture was completed in 1653. It is a unique
amalgamation of Persian, Mughal, Indian, and Ottoman architecture.
• Cooler months of October, November, February, and March are the
best months to visit Taj Mahal. Often cited as one of the seven
modern wonders of the world, this peerless monument finds glowing
mention in travel websites, journals, and magazines of international
2. Agra Fort
• The Taj Mahal is not the only major attraction of Agra. Red Fort or
Agra Fort commissioned by the Mughal Emperor Akbar is another one
of Agra’s major tourist draws.
• A UNESCO world heritage site, this typical example of Mughal
Architecture holds within its perimeter a lot of interesting
monuments like Moti ( Pearl) mosque, Shish (Glass) Mahal, Jahangir’s
Palace, Dīwān-e-'Ām, and Dīwān-e-Khās (halls of public and private
audience) among others.
3. Fatehpur Sikri
• Tourists who visit Agra make it a point of visiting the town of
Fatehpur Sikri. The city at a distance of 35 kilometers from Agra was
built by Mughal emperor Akbar. It served as the capital for some time
before the paucity of water forced him to return to Agra.
• Buland Darwāza or 'the lofty gateway' was built by the great Mughal
emperor, Akbar in 1601 at Fatehpūr Sikrī to celebrate his conquest of
Gujarat. The Buland Darwaza is 53.63 m high and 35 meters wide and
is approached by 52 steps.
• Overall Travel is one of the most reputable and professional travel
companies in India. Apart from providing a prospective traveller
multiple options on flights, this travel site also generates the best
deals on add-ons like hotel bookings and train reservations.
• This agency runs special schemes and discounts which proves a boon
for both business and leisure travelers. Its highly customized service
ensures a hassle free holiday experience with the minimum of fuss.
• India is a spectacular country. Tourists can enjoy a boat ride at the
Dal Lake, sip coconut water in Kerala, and enjoy the sun and the
sand at the shimmering beaches of Goa.
• Tourists can also enjoy rock climbing, paragliding, and snowboarding
at various mountain ranges. They can gawk at rhinos and tigers at
close quarters and go swimming with the elephants.
• India tourism and travel industry is growing at a fast pace as more
and more people want to travel to India, to partake of its natural as
well as man-made wonders.
Overall Travel Services Private Limited
Published By :
Noida-201301, Uttar Pradesh