Create Your Company Mission
Start Today to chart the course of your business
and increase income 10 to 30%
Just by reading this fun and easy guide, really!
Don’t Stress, let’s talk about your life!
Take a moment and de‐clutter your brain. Now…
think about what you really want from life.
The place to start building a better business is
within YOU, the business owner.
The importance of you, knowing what your life
direction should be, cannot be overstated.
Only then can you build a business to support
your life goals.
Makes sense right?
Ruminate on These Questions
• What is your dream lifestyle? Where will you live and
• Where do you see yourself 5, 10, 20 years from now?
• What do you want people to say at your eulogy?
• What would you like to learn: spiritually, physically,
financially, technically, intellectually?
• How much income will you need to achieve this and
Sit with these questions, go dream at the beach,
until it becomes clear.
Your Perfect Day
• The purpose of writing out a description of
your perfect day enables your brain to form
solid visions of the future, that stick with you,
and help you achieve your goals.
• This simple and fun exercise has extremely
I have seen it work wonders for business owners
and dramatically increase their incomes.
What’s in a Perfect Day?
Write your perfect day as a short story, just a
page or two long.
It should describe your perfect life as if you were
already living it.
Start from the moment you wake up and notice the entire day until the last
thought you have as you fall asleep. Describe where you live, who is there
with you, and then progress on to your work. Where do you work? What does
it feel like? Who are you associates or employees? What happens when the
day is over? What is the perfect end to the perfect day?
Dream big and have fun with this!
Now Think About Your Business
• What are you passionate about?
• What drove you to start a business?
• What is your economic engine?
• What does your company do better than
Bring your team or trusted advisor in to
brainstorm if you need help.
Create Your Mission Statement
• Its really a mission, vision, values and purpose
• There are no wrong answers, dream big.
• You can always web surf to get inspiration and
see what others consider their mission.
Start here and keep going for a paragraph or two
The special job or service that we are paid to do
at our company is………………………….
Doesn’t that feel great to write it down?
The principles that are essential in guiding our
Pick a few of these or make your own:
Commitment Generosity Perseverance Truthfulness
Compassion Honor Purposefulness Understanding
Courage Humility Self‐Discipline Wisdom
Courtesy Integrity Innovation Moderation
Creativity Joy Self‐Improvement Confidence
Diligence Kindness Thankfulness Discernment
Devotion Loyalty Tolerance Learning
Enthusiasm Patience Trust Support
The Vision of Our Company
The amazing entity that we can become……
A paragraph or two: If everything was perfect
what would your business look like in 10 years?
What is your big, hairy, audacious goal?
The purpose of our Company
The legacy that we aspire to leave behind is…..
• What do you want people to say about your
company after you are gone?
• Will you sell it?
• Leave it to the next generation?
Now Put it All Together
• Frame it and hang it on the wall.
• Share your goals, hopes and dreams with your
team and watch how it fires them up.
• Revamp every year or so as necessary.
Tough to do on your own?
Call Sage Business Consulting today for a vision casting meeting that
will propel your business light years ahead!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.