Factors influence the perception
• Perception depends on how individual view the
objects and situation.
• The perception is not reality ,but it is a viewing of the
reality which differ from person to person according
to respective characteristic.
• Attitude and aptitude of employees influence in
• If they have positive attitude towards the
management they directly perceive the stimuli given
• In case of negative attitude the employees suspect the
• The motives and desires of employees cause them to
view stimuli differently as per their level and angle .
• Employees having low motives will not work
• Motives are reflect in action based on perception.
• The interest of the individuals draws more attention
and recognition to stimuli.
• If employees have lack of interest behavior patterns
also less effective and perception is also weak.
• Since individuals interest are vary from person to
person ,the perception is also differ.
• The experiments of employees result in different
levels of perception.
• Experience employees generally understand objects
quickly and correctly.
• Learning is an important factor influencing
• Educated person have higher perception then the less
• Personality has different levels of perception .
• The personality of a perceiving person considerably
affect the stimuli transformation behavior process.
• Young people perceive objects and situations in the
original form .experienced persons perceive the
object as per their personality levels.
The following are external factors that
• The size of the object or stimulus has a greater impact
on the perception process because the size influence
attention and recognition more effective manner.
• Contrasting objects have more impact on behavior
employees pay more attention and recognition to
contrasting objects and situations.
• Repeated stimuli have more impact on perfomances
than a single statement.
• Repetition has the advantage of being attention-
• Supervisors repeat orders several times to have them
followed by employees.
• People pay more attention to the moving objects then
to stationary objects this is just impact of eyes on the
• Employees are more attentive towards working
machines then stationary machines.
• Employees would like to hear and see those programs
with which they are familiar.
• Training programs demonstrated in the language of
employees are highly attended and recognized.
• The perceptual process is influenced by the
organizational structure and process.
• The perceptual structure, perceptual grouping,
constancy, context, defense, work place and process
have been recognized as important factors influencing
the perceptual process.
• The organizational structure influences the perception
of employees and other people related to the
• The departmentalization, decentralization, delegation
of authority and other structural frameworks have
important bearings in the mind of employees.
• If the structure is viewed positively by the employees,
they willingly contribute to the development of the
Perceptual work place
• The perceptual process is affected by the workplace
• Perceptual process is different for different
• Some people have positive perception while other
develop negative perception of the workplace.
• Stereotype judgment is base on ideal situation or type
of impression formed about the group.
• If an employees is found well behaved ,the whole
group is considered as good.
• Halo effect occurs only when a single factor is taken
for performance evaluation or perception with the
process ignoring other important consideration.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.