- Do the books in the Bible contradict each other?
- Where do we start reading a book?
“In the beginning God created…”
- Which God? - Our God?
- Do we need time to know this God?
- Was there anything before the beginning?
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever
You had formed the earth and the world, even from
everlasting to everlasting, You are God.
- Is it possible to know God?
- Was He there before anything?
- What is this telling us about His nature?
God is ETERNALETERNAL
- Who was with Him in the beginning?
“You are My witnesses,” says the LORD, “And My
servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and
believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me
there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me.”
I am the LORD, and there is no other; there is no God
besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not
known Me, that they may know from the rising of the
sun to its setting that there is none besides Me. I am
the LORD, and there is no other;
- Are there other Gods?
- What are these scriptures telling us about him?
God is UNIQUEUNIQUE
- How did God exist?
- Did He have needs?
God, who made the world and everything in it,
since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not
dwell in temples made with hands. Nor is He
worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed
anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all
- Does God need anything?
- Does He dwell in a temple?
- What does He give?
- What is this saying about Him?
God is SELF-SUFFICIENTSELF-SUFFICIENT
- Can we be like God?
- Can we manipulate Him?
- Do we have his kind of power?
Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and
you shall answer Me: Would you indeed annul My
judgment? Would you condemn Me that you may be
justified? Have you an arm like God? Or can you thunder
with a voice like His? Then adorn yourself with majesty
and splendor, and array yourself with glory and beauty.
Disperse the rage of your wrath; Look on everyone who is
proud, and humble him. Look on everyone who is proud,
and bring him low; Tread down the wicked in their place.
Hide them in the dust together, Bind their faces in hidden
darkness. Then I will also confess to you that your own
right hand can save you.
God isGod is ALL-POWERFULALL-POWERFUL
- What is God?- What is God?
- Is God a Force or Energy?- Is God a Force or Energy?
- Is He creation itself?- Is He creation itself?
- What do you need to create anything?- What do you need to create anything?
- Do you need a plan? - How do you plan?- Do you need a plan? - How do you plan?
If you need intelligence, then it provesIf you need intelligence, then it proves
God has aGod has a mindmind..
- What motivated God to create?
- Was God obligated or
forced to do anything?
- Why did He create us?
- Who told Him
what to do and
how to do it?
If He decided, then it proves
God has a will.
- What can we appreciate about creation?- What can we appreciate about creation?
- Who did He have in mind when He was creating?- Who did He have in mind when He was creating?
- Are there details and pride in all of creation?- Are there details and pride in all of creation?
- Why did he make- Why did he make
- What emotions- What emotions
do theydo they
stir in us?stir in us?
If there was love in creation,If there was love in creation,
then it proves God hasthen it proves God has emotionsemotions..
- If He has a mind, a will and emotions, then
God is a PERSONPERSON
- Can we relate to Him?
- Don’t our relationships establish our
knowledge of a person?
- How well do we know God?
- Where was God before creation?
- Does God abide in heaven?
- Can we get away from God?
- Can we hide from Him?
- Does He stays out of sinful places?
- Can He be present in two places at the same time?
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee
from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You
are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are
there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell
in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your
hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold
me. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me; indeed, the
darkness shall not hide from You, but the night
shines as the day; The darkness and the light are
both alike to You.
“Am I a God near at hand,” says the LORD, “And not
a God afar off? Can anyone hide himself in secret
places, so I shall not see him?” says the LORD; “Do I
not fill heaven and earth?” says the LORD.
If God fills everything, then
He is OMNIPRESENTOMNIPRESENT
- How does this helphelp us?
- Does this fact relieve us or make us nervous?
- Can anybody get away from God?
- How much does He knows about us?
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off. You
comprehend my path and my lying down, and
are acquainted with all my ways. For there is
not a word on my tongue, but behold, O LORD,
You know it altogether.
- How much is His understanding?
“Great is our Lord, and mighty in power;
His understanding is infinite.” Psalms 147:5
- Did He learn from anyone?
- Who taught God?
Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, or as His
counselor has taught Him? With whom did He take
counsel, and who instructed Him, and taught Him in
the path of justice? Who taught Him knowledge, and
showed Him the way of understanding?
- Can I trust in God?
- Can we give Him advice?
- Does He think as we do?
- Is our justice greater than God’s?
If He knows all, then
God is OMNISCIENTOMNISCIENT
- What is God made of?
- Does God have a body?
- Is He big or small?
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must
worship in spirit and truth.
- What does a spirit looks like?
- Do they have a form?
-Has anyone seen a spirit?
And the LORD spoke to you out of the midst of the
fire. You heard the sound of the words, but saw no
form; you only heard a voice.
- Are spirits invisible?
- How can angels be seen
if they are spirit?
- Can God choose
see Him or
Thus says the LORD: “Heaven is My throne, and
earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you
will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?
For all those things My hand has made, and all
those things exist,” Says the LORD. “But on this one
will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite
spirit, and who trembles at My word.
- Does God have hands
- Is He talking in human
terms so that we
- What is He telling us?
- How big is God?
- Was everything made
by His hand?
- Was there a big bang?
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the
firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day
utters speech, and night unto night reveals
knowledge. There is no speech nor language where
their voice is not heard. Their line has gone out
through all the earth and their words to the end of
the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the
- What are the stars telling us?
- What does astrology or
- How was all of creation done?
- How powerful is His word?
- What should be our
attitude before Him?
Praise Him, all His angels;
Praise Him, all His hosts!
Praise Him, sun and moon;
Praise Him, all you stars of light!
Praise Him, you heavens of heavens,
and you waters above the heavens!
Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for He commanded and they were created.
- How do we praise Him?
- Are we thankful
for His provision?
- Do we care about Him
and what He has to say?
- Where do we find
- Have we read the Bible?
- Do we start reading a
book in the last chapter?
- What happened in the beginning?.
WHAT DID WE LEARN TODAY?
- God created everything.
The command of his word is powerful
- God is Eternal. He has lived forever.
- God is Unique. There is no other Gods.
- God is Self-Sufficient. He doesn’t need anything.
- God is All-Powerful. Nothing is impossible for Him.
- God is a Person. He has a mind, a will and emotions.
- God is Omnipresent. He is everywhere all the time.
- God is Omniscient. He knows everything.
- God is Spirit. He gives life to all His creatures.
Share your own comment …