Repurposing YourRepurposing Your
Content to ExtendContent to Extend
Your Reach andYour Reach and
Team Loxly, ABCs Plus, Book Goodies
What You HaveWhat You Have
• You have a great blog, podcast or
website you have been building for
several years and you wonder if there
is another way to present your content
or share the experiences you have
had over the years.
What You HaveWhat You Have
• We all have knowledge that we can
share, but some people aren’t making
the most of the content they have
• With the ease of video sharing plus the
breakdown of barriers to self publishing
there is a world of people you can
reach by repurposing your existing
• You can create a collection of your best blog posts
or articles you have written, and compile them into
an eBook that you post for people with Kindles and
Nooks to read.
• This is an additional audience that you probably
would not reach through your blog or website.
• Instead of needing to write a 75,000 word book,
create smaller, focused books on specific topics
and create a series that you can charge less for but
in the end makes more money.
Photographers & ArtistsPhotographers & Artists
• Photographers and artists may not be
aware that now all the eBook readers
have color options, plus all the Kindle
apps for devices show books in color.
• Now you can combine your art and
photography with commentary about
the topic of the photographs, or with
poetry or other short stories to make a
• Podcasters can get their recordings
transcribed; there are a number of
good services out there for around $1
per minute. You can then add
information to the notes, add a
resources page and you now have an
eBook in that can be published and
will reach further into the audience
that wants to learn what you have to
• There are a number of podcast
directories, plus iTunes, where you can
submit podcasts of your material.
• Don’t be afraid of podcasting, it is
simple to do if you are just getting
started and want to see if you are
comfortable with this medium.
• There are free programs on the web to
record your audio on your computer
with, the most popular free program
• Creating a podcast of your own
existing material can be as easy as
reading it into a microphone on your
• If you aren’t creating videos, you should be. No
matter what your content is, you can create a
slideshow, power point, and narrate or put to music.
• YouTube is the second largest search engine. And
among teens, it is the number one search engine.
• Videos may seem like more work, but it will get your
content in front of people that probably won’t see it
Videos to eBooksVideos to eBooks
• If you are creating videos, then
you can get them transcribed and
create eBooks out of them.
Tie It All TogetherTie It All Together
• Be sure to link from all the external content you
have created back to your website
• YouTube – first thing in your description is your url
with http:// - it will be clickable link
• Amazon – Can’t link from book description, but can
within book AND your author page can have your
blog or any rss you want
• Use link shortener to link to Amazon book pages
and inside podcasts so you can track clicks
• Podcasts – link in show notes, repeat links in
broadcast for those listening from podcatchers
Reuse, Recycle, RepeatReuse, Recycle, Repeat
• This is just the beginning of what you
can do to repurpose content you
have already created.
• Evergreen content can be recreated
in many formats and get you and your
site exposure that you only got from
Who Am I?Who Am I?
Deborah is a podcaster, blogger, photographer that is
helping people share content in exciting new ways.
Find her at: