1. Photography<br />Investigation of Martin Parr<br />By: Kenneth Villanueva<br />
2. Introduction/bibliography<br /><ul><li>He is a British documentary photographer, photojournalist and collector.
3. He wanted to become a photographer when he was 14 and was influence by his grandfather who was a photographer.
4. he studied photography at the Manchester Polytechnic and at Manchester Metropolitan University.
5. He was first recognised for his black and white photography in the north of England, Bad Weather and A Fair Day, but switched to colour photography in 1984.
6. In 2008 he got an honorary doctor of art honour at metropolitan university for his ongoing contribution to photography and to the university’s art department.
7. he is a devoted postcard, photographs, and various other items collector and many of his collection have been used as the basis for publications.
8. The images made by John Hinde and his team are a key influence on Parr's colour photography.
9. he has published several photo books as well as a work about photo books. The Photo book: A covers more than 1,000 examples of photo books from the 19th century through to the present day. The work was a collaboration with the critic Gerry Badger which took eight years to complete
10. Parr's technique has been said to leave viewers with ambiguous emotional reactions, unsure whether to laugh or cry.
11. He married Susan Mitchell in 1980 and is father of a daughter named Ellen Parr which was born in 1986.</li></li></ul><li>This image is also funny because the expression of the person in the image is “shock”. This image, use leading lines, balance of color, portrait, simplicity. This image had no bright or dark colors.<br />This image was funny because of the position the people are in and its image is so real. He use rules of third by not putting only the main thing in the image but also put the background to show out the other people are doing, simplicity, landscape, and the coloring is really simple nothing to bright and nothing to dark. <br />
12. The image uses a “Pun” because the title is “the sun” and the image is an eclipse which makes it funny. This image is just simple and the blurriness‘ because the person in the back is not the main subject in the photo.<br />This image is a landscape and the main subject is the cow. This is another photo that is funny because it make the people who look at the photo ask “why is there a cow in the beach?”. Rule of third is use by putting the subject at the middle of the background can be seen. The color use in this image is simple and plain.<br />
13. This is one of the image I really like that he have taken. The use of color is simple but also divided; the top part is dark (clouds, sea, and the mountain) and down part is lighter (the pool water, and the chairs). The lines in the middle of the image is good because that is where the colors of the image start to divide. The feeling that the image shows is that “even when there is a bad weather you can still do what you what”.<br />