Reach Out Marketing and FundRaising Initial PlanPresentation Transcript
Marketing and FundraisingDevelopment Project
INDEX Introduction 4 Actions 10 Timing 40 2
Thefollowing, sets out a proposalof the developmentof a Marketing andFundraising Plan toimprovenotorietyandpressenceofReach Out, focusingonon-linecommunicationandfundraising.
This plan has beendivided into 13 actions. Amongthisare highlighted the 6 most important actions.
Both Marketing and Fundraising actions have been covered in this plan.
STARTING POINT Itisimportanttorememberthatcertainareascouldneedeconomicresources (forexampletheweb-sitedesignandmaintenance) butwecouldsearchforthecheapestsolutions, even encouraging charitable colaborations. 5
OBJECTIVES 1. Develop a Marketing andon-linecomunication plan
HelpingtoimprovetheknowledgeandnotorietyofReach Out initatives.
Usinglow-coston-linemethods: fromthewebsitesto social networking sites.
SECONDARY ACTIONS 7. Re-design of theNewsletter 30 8. Introducing“Associate´s rol" 31 9. Sponsorhips 32 10. Developing “Satisfactionform” 33 11. Improve our "Google position" 35 12. Should we rebrand? 36 13. Colaboration in Fundraisingtasks/other tasks 38 11
RELATED WITH THE ON-LINE PRESSENCE... IMPORTANCE OF THE ON-LINE PRESSENCE 12
RELATED WITH FUNDRAISING... 1. WHAT WE ARE DOING today and WHAT ARE OUR RESULTS? 2. WHAT ARE OTHER ORGANIZATIONS likeusDOING? 3. WHO should be ourpriorityrecipient? 4. HOW should we presenttheproposal? 5. WHAT DO WE ASK FOR, andHOW? 6. WhatOTHER WAYS can weEXPOILTfor FUNDRAISING? 7. Using wich RESOURCES and TIMING? 13
RELATED WITH FUNDRAISING... 1. WHAT WE ARE DOING today and WHAT ARE OUR RESULTS? 2. WHAT ARE OTHER ORGANIZATIONS likeusDOING?
Researchaboutinitiativesfromother similar organizations
3. WHO should be ourpriorityrecipient?
Defining our customer base.
Segmentationofourrecipients by database.
4. HOW should we presenttheproposal? Pg.17
2 Action Methods:
GENERAL: massivemailingsto“potentialdonors”(general presentation, e-shot...) CONCRETE: specificpresentationfor a specificprojectforcompanies/publicsubventions.
2 Delivery Methods:
PRESENTIAL: “facetoface” presentation ON-LINE: E-shot, general presentation by mail... 14
RELATED WITH FUNDRAISING... 5. WHAT DO WE ASK FOR, and HOW?
Enhance and promote the “WishList” fromthewebsite. Thiscould be a greatwaytoencourage donations.
6. WhichOTHER WAYS can weelaboratefor FUNDRAISING?
Introducing “Associate´s”rol, (person, company) whosupports RO by payinganamountofmoneyperiodically.
Introduce newwaysoffundraisingbasedon a researchfromother similar organizations.
Multiplewaysoffundraising by organizationofnewevents.
7. Using whichRESOURCES and TIMING?
Theresourcewould be a personwithmarketing´sexperienceworkingfor free duringthelaunchingoftheproject. Working in colaborationwithprevious RO Fundraising Manager (Blanca Font)
Certainareascouldneedeconomicresources (web re-dessign, logo...) Weshouldfindthecheapestway and encourage support from businesses.
Theproject´sdurationwould be 4 months, havingJanuary as estimated launch date. SeeTimming.
Once theprojectislaunched (January) decide theviabilityof thefollowing phase.
1. Colaborationonthere-designofthewebsite ACTUAL SITUATION: Reach Out has a really complete website in contentbutwith a lotofpossibilitiestoimprovethe “ visual appearance”. APPROACH: Website high importance: universaItool of communication. A "face lift" of the website would give an enhacned visual impact. ACTIONS (to do):
Researchofspecializedcompanies (in websitedessign) thatcouldgiveussupport.
Specialimportanceofthe “AnnualProject´sReport” in thewebsite.
2. Establishing a Social Network Profile (Facebook) ACTUAL SITUATION: Wehave a RO Londonprofile (240 friends) and a RO Manchester profile (98 fans) APPROACH: Necessitytocreate a “General” RO profile (taking as exempleLondonand Manchester profiles) buttryingtoelevatethenumberoffriends/fans. As muchpeoplehaveus at their social networkbetter. Social networks: basic method of communicationforyoungpeople. Totally free. ACTIONS (to do):
Create RO “General” profileonFacebook.
Research about other social networks we could join.
3. Developmentof a fundrasingpresentation Adaptable toprivatecompaniesandpublicorganizations ACTUAL SITUATION: Wedon´thave a “standard” presentationto show ourinitiativestocompaniesandpublicinstitutions. APPROACH: Necessitytocreate a presentation adaptable dependingonthespecificnecesities: STANDARD PRESENTATION· COMPANY/PUBLIC INSTITUTION presentation· SPECIFIC PROJECT PRESENTATION Necessitytoinvolve “Project Leaders” onthepresentationoftheprojectproposal to gain a deeper understanding of individual projects WeDO NOT LOOSE ANYTHING FOR ASKING orpresentingourselves, ESPECIALLY IF WE DO IT FOR FREE. ACTIONS (to do):
Develop an EFFECTIVE GENERAL PRESENTATION toallow REACH OUT tobecome more widely known.
Develop SPECIFIC PRESENTATION (more focusedondetails) forpresentingspecificprojects, adaptable tothe recipient oftheprojectandthespecialneedsoftheproject.
2 Delivery Methods: GENERAL and SPECIFIC using ON-LINE & PRESENTIAL delivery methods.
Fundraising presentation EXAMPLE 22
4. Development of a database ACTUAL SITUATION: Wedon´thave a Databasewith “Potentialdonors” and “Current donors”. APPROACH: Doublelevelofimportanceofthedatabase: · Having in thesamedocumentthedetailsofour “Potentialdonors” forfuturefundraisingactions. · Having in thesamedocumentthedetailsofour "Current donors” forfutureandfidelityactions. “LONG TERM TOOL”, itmeansthat once created, wecould use thedatabaseforyears, withtheonlytaskofaddingnewinputsandmodifyingcontactdetailsifitisnecessary. ACTIONS (to do):
Create Segmented Database.
RESOURCES Current donors: by Reach Out existing details. Potential donors: by on-line research and by calling, segmentated by geographical and sectorial criterium. 23
Database EXAMPLE 1. Name. 2. Donor Status: (CURRENT DONOR · PREVIOUS DONOR · POTENTIAL DONOR) 3. Type: (COMPANY · PRIVATE PERSON · PUBLIC INSTITUTION · OTHER) 4. Sector: (RETAIL COMPANY · SPORTS COMPANY · AIRLINE COMPANY...) 5. Localization: (MANCHESTER · LONDON · UK) 6. Potential: (A · B · C · D) 7. Contact person. 8. E-mail. 9. Telephone. 10. Direction. 24
5. E-shot using the database ACTUAL SITUATION: Do we use e-shots? APPROACH: Using our database we can use e-shots for fundraising in general. We could do a "Christmas campaign" for fundraising. Using the "wish list" of the website would be a great opportunity! It is a free and visual way to send information about Reach Out to companies, public institutions and private persons. Will let people know what we offer the possibility to support us with a link on the same e-shot. ACTIONS (to do):
Enhance e-shot format.
Develop "sending proceedure"
E-shot EXAMPLE 26
6. DevelopmentofanAnnual Project´sReport ACTUAL SITUATION: We have an Annual Project´s Report, but due to time and resource constraints, it isn´t as eye catching as it could be. APPROACH: The Annual Project´s Report should be our most effective method of presentation . Anyone who reads it should be 100% confident about Reach Out task and loyalty. Anyone who reads it should know exactly what we do with donations. It should be distributed to all of our current donors and easily accesible from the website. ACTIONS (to do):
Colaborate in the enhancement of the Annual Project´s Report
Annual Project´sReport EXAMPLE 28
7. Colaborationwith the Newsletter ACTUAL SITUATION: We have a really good newsletter, but again because of lack of time and resources, it is released only annually. APPROACH: It would be great if we could have a quarterly newsletter (4 newsletters every year) It should be sent it to all of our donors to let them know how the projects are running and what we are doing with their donations. ACTIONS (to do):
Colaborate with the Newsletter and assist with production.
Increase frequency (from annual to quarterly)
8. Introducing“Associate´s rol” ACTUAL SITUATION: Our fundraising comes primarily from public subventions and company donations. APPROACH: Associate´s rol: Private person, institution or company that supports Reach Out by paying (monthly, quarterly or yearly) a sum of money. They should be sure that their donation (even if it is symbolical) is a good choice. (By information on the website, newsletter...) E shots provide a way to increase the number of "Associate´s rol" ACTIONS (to do):
Discussion about the viability and necessity to introduce Associate´s rol
Define various methods to attract associates
9. Sponsorhips ACTUAL SITUATION: Some companies sponsorship certain projects or fundraising events. APPROACH: The approach should be "You give us a donation, and we give you charity space for your brand wherever you want". Which types of sponsorship could we offer?
Brand image (of the donor) on RO kits (football teams).
Brand image on our website.
Brand image on our fundraising events.
Brand image on our general information.
ACTIONS (to do):
Research sponsorship options using the database
By the database segmentation we could offer "Specific sponsorships", for example if a company works in something related with sport we could offer them the sponsorship of our kits. 32
10. Developing “Satisfactionform” ACTUAL SITUATION We don´t have a "real control" of our donor´s level of satisfaction. APPROACH: Developing a Satisfaction Form could help us to improve certain areas of their experience – are we missing opportunites? At the same time it would be helpful to have our volunteer´s opinions, because they have been working at the projects so they know what´s going on and which areas we could improve. We would develop and understanding of our strongest and weakest areas ACTIONS (to do):
Create "Satisfaction form" for donors
Create satisfaction form for volunteers/mentors
Send "Satisfaction form" to all of our current donors and actual and previous volunteers
“Satisfactionform” EXAMPLE 34
11. Improve our "Google possition" ACTUAL SITUATION See approach. APPROACH: Position: · If you search in google the name "Reach Out" we appear at the sixth possition. · If you search by "Volunteer in London/Manchester", "Charity" or "Mentoring" we don´t appear anywhere It would be fantastic if we could appear when you type some of this words relating to Volunteer, Charity or Mentoring in London, Manchester or UK We could research ways to appear easily when someone searches us or when someone search for words related to us. ACTIONS (to do):
Research possibilities to have a better "Google position".
12. Should we rebrand ourselves? ACTUAL SITUATION: We have a very attractive logo that is easily recognisable to those that know us. APPROACH: Is it necessary to change our logo? In my opinion it isn´t a priority. Maybe it should contain some kind of reference about our "social task", just to differenciate us from other Private company logos. ACTIONS (to do):
Discussion about the necessity to rebrand
Should we rebrand? POSIBLE EXAMPLES RO REACH OUT REACHOUT!! 37
13. Colaboration in Fundraisingtasks/other tasks ACTUAL SITUATION: Lack of time and resources to invest in fundraising tasks. APPROACH: With an extra-time resource we could do more things, so we would be known by more people. Colaboration with Fundraising Managers, giving them a "graphical support" (specific presentations), at the same time try to help them visiting "Potential donors" if they wish. ACTIONS (to do):
Colaborate with any kind of tasks in Fundraising
As a volunteer, obviously, I am open-minded to colaborate in any kind of tasks that Reach Out may need, not just Fundraising or Marketing tasks.