Transcript of "16 Mca English Language Communication Skills Set1 2"
Code No: R6-16-MCA
M.C.A. I Semester Regular Examinations, January 2009
ENGLISH LANGUAGE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Common to 2008, 07 and 06 Admitted Batches
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. Combine the following sentences as directed.
(a) Man proposes. God disposes. (into a Compound Sentence)
(b) Many things glitter. They are not all gold (into a Complex Sentence)
(c) Give respect. Take respect. (into a Simple Sentence)
(d) Waste not. Want not. (into a Complex Sentence)
(e) Love gives. Love forgives. (into a Complex Sentence)
2. How is communication a two - way process? Provide an example.
3. What are the merits and demerits of silent reading and loud reading?
4. “Nervousness is a presenter’s companion.”
What measures do you suggest for overcoming a speakers nervousness?
5. Write short notes on:
(a) Behavioral questions
(b) Follow-up interviews www.studentyogi.com
6. In the words of Walter Wells, “There should be no vagueness, not the slightest
doubt or confusion over what the message says not even for an instant.” Do you
agree with this? Elaborate.
7. (a) What is a business letter? Brie y mention the chief characteristics of a go od
(b) Write short notes on:
i. ‘you attitude’
8. Write on:
(a) i. Di erences between an oral and a written report
ii. Memo report
(b) Road accidents are on the rise in Hyderabad. Write a report suggesting mea-
sures for ensuring road safety in Hyderabad.
1 of 1