1. FROM LOCAL TO GLOBALSOLUTIONSFOR A BETTERPLANETJune 2010 - The China Green TourChinese associationsand Media Supports
2. 2The China Green TourHere follows a short description of the greenassociations the China Green Tour is locallyworking with.EEBCUSPeking UniversityEEBCUS aims at constructing a platform of environmental educationand protection for university students and cultivate excellent studentsin environmental related topics. It encourages students to participatein environmental research, green campus construction, environmentaleducation and international communication. Environmental Educational Base for Chinese University Students wasestablished by College of Urban and Environmental Sciences at PekingUniversity and the Youth League committee in 2006. EEBCUS won specialawards in the fourth “Toyota Youth awards for Environmental Protectionin July 2007. EEBCUS get support from China Youth Communist LeagueCenter Committee, All-China Federation of Youth, Ministry of Education,Ministry of Environment as well as many universities and environmentalorganizations. Today, EEBCUS has 38 member units and covers morethan 300,000 people. It is becoming the most influential environmentalorganization across Chinese universities. Green HopeCommunication University of ChinaThe Green Hope Association was found in 1999. During these tenyears, the association was mainly engaged in organizing members andvolunteers to take part in activities on the environmental protection,offering services for schools and society.The representative activities are : environmental film show, plantingtrees in the suburban area of Beijing,recycling used books,batteriesand papers,a week for eating vegetable dishes,inviting someone whohas made a great contribution in the environmental protection territoryto give a lecture in our school,picture show and providing volunteersfor some environmental organizations.
3. 3The China Green TourThe Green Friend CommunityShanghai Jiao Tong UniversitySince its establishment in 1998, The Green Friend Community hasenjoyed a good reputation among the students. It has always beenin the top ten communities list each year. Within Shanghai Jiao TongUniversity is contributing to environment protection by cooperatingwith environmentally friendly organizations and authorities as well asby organizing all kinds of green activities, which aim at disseminatingenvironment protection notions, good living ways harmless to theenvironment and improving our campus’s environment.Graduate Student Union of Department of EnvironmentalScience and EngineeringFudan UniversityThe Graduate Student Union of Department of Environmental Science andEngineering is a student self-government organization in Fudan University.It has seven departments including organization, propaganda, literature& art, sports, academy, career development and living. Last November,we successfully hosted The Fudan Doctoral Forum on Environmentand sustainable Development. Participants invited to the forum includemany famous professors and excellent students from Tongji University,Shanghai Jiaotong University, Zhejiang University, Nanjing University andSoutheast University. Our academic influence was thereafter expandedto the Yangtze River Delta. And we also have an annual activity scheduleof “movie-shows” on environmental protection, which gained the prizeof “Fudan Special Cultural Program” in May this year.
4. 4The China Green TourEnvironmental Protection AssociationSun Yat-sen UniversityThe environmental protection association of Sun Yat-sen Universitywas found in 2005 as the Sun Yat-sen University’s green youth union.The association follows the idea of spreading environmental awarenessamong the students and helping environmental protection events togrow in strength in the campus. As years went by, the association hasgradually become a well-known association with ideas, distinguishingfeatures, actions, influence and responsibility gradually.The idea of the association is to attend to environmental protectionwork in university, monitoring changes of environmental protectionwork in society, advocating an environment-friendly life style, spreadingenvironmental awareness to the public, making sure of the action of theenvironmental protection work and promoting a sustained develop-ment of environment. All the members will make a contribution to theenvironmental protection work under the Sun Yat-sen University, servingthe society, working for the big family and protecting the earth.Green Youth Volunteer Service, Chongqing.Chongqing University of Resourcesand Environmental ScienceChongqing University’s volunteers association is engaged to the causeof environment protection and social welfare services. It is composed offull-time students and professional youth volunteers service organiza-tions. Established in 2002, it is the first college students “Environmentalprotection volunteers association” in Chongqing.Chongqing University Youth Volunteers Association has two organizations:- the Chongqing Green Volunteers Union of group members from theCommunist Youth LeagueThe association special field had a high starting point, with the engage-ment of:- Chinese Academy of Sciences Professor Xian Xue Fu ,- Chongqing Environmental Protection Bureau deputy director ProfessorChen Wan Zhi- Chongqing University, Institute for Sustainable Development, ProfessorLei Heng Shun. He is the adviser in charge of the Expert CommitteeService team, he is in also in charge of internal and external contracts.They integrate Science and Technology students in extracurricularactivities, and guide them to bring forth new ideas specially addressedto the “environmental protection volunteer service”.
5. 5The China Green TourGreen Pionner environmentalProtection Volunteers associationUniversity of Inner MongoliaGreen Pioneer Environmental Protection Volunteers Association of theUniversity of Inner Mongolia was founded in 2004 with the purpose ofpromoting environmental knowledge and awareness to university, highschool, primary school students and the city population.Green Pioneer Environmental Protection Volunteers Association isa nonprofit environmental organization with many volunteers. TheAssociation since its establishement has had Inner Mongolia UniversityAssociations Management Committee, Communist Youth League. Themajority of teachers and students expressed deep concern and strongsupport about environmental protection promotion and education, socialpractice, exchanges and cooperation programs, making unremitting effortsand winning the support of the local and the international community.
6. 6The China Green TourMEDIAS SUPPORTSelectionFeng Lei, Media Cooperation Department,CCTV International Networks Co.email sent september 3, 2009«Blue sky, blue sea, white clouds, we wish Earth will always keep itmost beautiful colors. Sincere wish that the “Green Film Festival andSolutions for a Better Planet” can be successfully held and protect theenvironment. To be concern and love the planet is a responsibility andduty for everyone’s at the media.»Li Yang , Director of the Center of Programmes,Beijing Satellite TV Station.email sent september 2, 2009«Students will be the pillars of the society in the future. When we thinkthat university students will help to run this important activity of makingthe whole society realise the importance of the environmental protection,we wish that the “Green Films and Solutions for a Better Planet Tour»will have a great influence for young people and we are willing to useour media power to extend its success»BTV covers 36 provincial capital cities, directly governed city regions(Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin and Chongqing). Our covering map listup more than 80% of capital cities and more than 70% of countymunicipalities, a total of eight hundred million people.Yang Xiling, Promotion Manager,Beijing Youth Network (ynet.com)email sent september 3, 2009As the population increases, the resources dicrease, the earlier we payattention to environmental issues, the longer will be the history of mankind.«To care for the environment and to protect the planet is everyone’sresponsibility, but also the responsibility of every media. I wish the“Green Films and Solutions for a Better Planet Tour» can be successfullyorganized and could contribute to a better future for the planet.»
7. 7The China Green TourBeijing Youth Network is the Beijing Youth Daily, an eight-owned news-paper, network. Broadcast news, culture and entertainment, mobilemessaging, e-commerce for large-scale comprehensive main businessin the web site. YNET has become not only one of the main source ofinformations for Google, Baidu and other well know search sites butalso one of the content providers for MSN Chinese information channel(msn.ynet.com).Li Weijie, Internet Division,China InterActive Corp.email sent september 7, 2009«We wish “Green Films and Solutions for Better Planet Tour» will beheld on time ! We are willing to participate to it by promoting activelyenvironmental protection and using our online media to increase theimpact of its activities.»China InterActive Corp is a leading Web 2.0 Company in China. Throughthe 6 years of the company’s own innovative growth , mergers andacquisitions, China InterActive Corp established the business of onlinegames including xiaonei.com (China’s first social networking platform),mop.com(an Interactive EntertainmentPortal), donews.co(an IT Community Media Platform), pet.mop.com (China’s largestonline game website).Currently the number of registered users of ChinaInterActive Corp is up to 73 million. The number of page viewed of itswebsites is up to 790 million per day.Lu Jie, Media Development - Deputy Director,Sina.comemail sent september 7, 2009«We support “Green Films and Solutions for Better Planet Tour», andwish it make great contribution to environmental protection. Meanwhilewe wish to participate in and take advantages of online media to increasethe impact of its activities, so more people will care about environmentalprotection and care for the environment.»Sina.com is a leading online media company and valued-added informa-tion services provider in China, it provides service for global Chinesecommunities. Sina has a number of regional sites, and have the respon-sibility to serve the Greater China and overseas Chinese. Sina have morethan 280 million registered users, the daily page views tops 900 million.email send august 27, 2009
8. 8The China Green TourChen Guang,Host of Hebei Television News Centeremail sent september 7, 2009«Environment protection is more and more closely linked with people’slives. documentaries is a good way to demonstrate the relationshipbetween environmental protection and everyday life. We will support theactivity of the “Green Films and Solutions for Better Planet Tour» andare willing to report the activities related to this activity.»Hebei Television has 6 channels including some satellite TV channels.The number of viewers is 350 million in China via satellite transmissionon the Asia Sat 2.Lu Yihan,Host, China National Radioemail sent september 2, 2009« I am one of Central People’s Radio 1 host. We can not imagine howthe planet will be like if one day the snow of the mountains melts. Letsall protect the environment ! We wish “Green Films and Solutions forBetter Planet Tour» will become a successful event able to providepractical examples of environmental protection to China and the wholeworld. Give publicity to this kind of activity is the responsibility andduty of all media.»The Central People’s Radio Broadcast Station is China National Radio,CNR channels include: The Sounds of China, Business Radio, MusicRadio, Metro Channel.... broadcasting 200 hours per day on nineradios stations, CNR covers all China’s provinces, autonomous regions,municipalities and the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kongand Macao, has 39 correspondent’s offices and a global collaborationwith Chinese-language radio network all over the world.
9. 9The China Green TourPang Liming, Liming, Business Development - Director,Beijing Broadcasting Networkemail sent september 1, 2009«The question of environment is an every day saying, it seems that it isgoing to become a everyday talk. I think the key is that these issues arerarely mentioned like “how to solve problems” program. “Green Filmsand Solutions for Better Planet Tour» is such an opportunity to provideus a window with multi perspectives to a “green vertical and horizontalview.” We wish to do a full range coverage of this event.»Beijing Broadcasting Network (www.rbc.cn) is Beijing People’s Broad-casting Station external news official website, with 26 Channels, morethan 200 web pages of second category and five million visitors per day.Dong Shaohui, Cross-media Cooperation - Manager,Baidu.comemail sent september 7, 2009How to live in harmony with nature, and improve the people’s standardof living at the same time？How to develop the economy and reduce theharm to the environment effectively at the same time ? These are importantissues in developing countries. We hope that the “Green Films andSolutions for Better Planet Tour» will be held successfully, in order totruly make a contribution to solve environmental problems, and that theonline media can do something for the environment with their influence.Baidu is the biggest Chinese search engine and website in the world,which has more than 70% search share in China. In August 2005, Baiduwas listed on NASDAQ in the US.Chen Jiaxin, Marketing Departement - Media Manager,People’s Network. www.people.com.cnemail sent september 4, 2009“Green Films and Solutions for Better Planet Tour» is an activity thatmake use of the Arts to provide a public and good communicationplatform where national and international exchanges could lead toenthusiastic environmental protection. I wish this event full participationof public figures and a large media’s impact that can make the generalpublic more involved in environmental protection. I wish this event tobe a big success.»
10. 10The China Green TourPeople’s Network with “People’s Daily” is not only one of the world’s topten newspapers on a large-scale oriented news and a web-based informa-tion exchange platform, but is also internet’s largest integrated networkmedia. People’s Network has authority, popularity and credibility to reportChina own responsibility. People’s Network has Chinese (Simplified andTraditional), English, Japanese, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, etc.14 languages, 15 editions.Huang Xianfei, writer and director,Phoenix Satellite TVemail sent september 3, 2009«The bright future of our planet needs the common effort of everyone,protecting the environment of our world is a duty of everybody wherenobody can shirk his responsIbility. We wish “Green Films and Solutionsfor Better Planet Tour» can be successfully organised.»Phoenix started to broadcast on 31st March 1996, sparing no effortto conquer Asia (including Japan) and Australia market of satellite TV,Programs are broadcast using the satellite Asia 3S, allowing it to covermore than 50 countries and regions with a total of 2 billion people,including the 62% of Chinese people on the world.Rex Liu, Director of Corporate Business Development Dept,Entertainment Corporation.email sent september 3, 2009Public figures and the media influence people life, and guide the peoplein their concern about environmental protection is the responsibility ofthe media. Looking forward for “Green Films and Solutions for BetterPlanet Tour» activities can be successfully held.Entertainment Corporation is a media partner of Shanghai Expo 2010.
11. 11The China Green TourZhu Huilong,Youku.comemail sent september 7, 2009«We wish that the “Green Film Festival and Solutions for a Better Planet”activities will generates a wide impact on the general population byselecting the most outstanding films, providing the most fresh perspectiveand expanding interest with enthusiastic talks. When the time comes,we will participate and assist with the related reports.»Youku Network is the leading video website in China. It is the brandnumber one among the domestic online video industry. Youku is theonly commercial website company to have obtained dual broadcastingpermits, therefore Youku has become a legal platform for genuinetelevision programs distribution and marketing.Liu Jing, “Chinese Song List” moderator,Beijing Music Radioemail sent september 3, 2009“Protection of the environment”. A resounding slogan, but the true is thatthe people able of any achievements in it are still only in a minority. I amvery happy that the “Green Films and Solutions for Better Planet Tour»activities will be held in China in the hope that the charm of the films canbe enhance people’s awareness of environmental protection and that wecan attract via the broadcast more people to participate to this event.»Beijing Music Station, Beijing People’s Broadcasting Station is one ofthe seven specialised units with social responsibility, especially to themain target: the young people. It broadcast five music channels, onedigital music channel and a digital TV channel.Covering daily 400 million listeners of the whole country the “ ChineseSong List “ has really become the country’s most authoritative and ofimpartial nature pop music charts. Beijing Music Station together with theradio stations of Guangdong, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Taiwan, Singapore,Malaysia, co-sponsored and broadcast also the program : “Global ChineseSong Ranking List “ which has also become the most popular pop musicprogram among the foreign citizens of Chinese descent.
12. 12The China Green TourLuo Xi,Media Cooperation - ManagerNet Ease - www.163.comemail sent september 3, 2009«How to protect the environment and take the road of a sustainabledevelopment is an issue that not only China but all the World has to face,I wish “Green Films and Solutions for Better Planet Tour» can provoke awide range impact, and with the support of the media network can bringeveryone into action for the protection of the environment from the higherlevels of the country to the low level of ordinary people.»Li Changli, director,CETVemail sent september 2, 2009«We admire your artistic way to arouse the enthusiasm of youth par-ticipation in environmental protection and wish for “Green”. We wish“Green Films and Solutions for a Better Planet Tour» activities can besuccessfully organised, and we are willing to publicize this event as acontribution from the media.»China Education Television (CETV) is the People’s Republic of ChinaMinistry of Education, only national-level professional TV.CETV-1 and 2 via satellite, covers China and Southeast Asia. CETV-3through cable network covers Beijing and its surrounding areas. More than85% of the country provinces have cable television network broadcast.Three sets of programs are broadcast 58 hours a day. China EducationTelevision covering nearly 300 million people has become a learningpublic cultural service platform.Ke Yuan (director),Jiangsu Broadcast TV Groupemail sent august 31, 2009« I wish that the films can appeal popular participation in the event andlearn more about environmental protection. I wish to personally participatewith the promotion of this event and that you can get a satisfactorysuccess for the “Green Films and Solutions for a Better Planet Tour»Jiangsu Province Broadcast TV Group broadcast 9 television channels,and 10 radios frequencies.
13. 13The China Green TourYu Fei,eBeijing, www.beijing.gov.cnemail sent august 31, 2009« Human being increased the pollution of the environment to anotherlimit. Nature is using its own way of protest. Environmental Protection andimprovement is getting more and more the attention of the governmentand the people, and also set an example of the variety of ways to cleanup the mistakes done in the past, and vigorously promote the concept ofenvironmental protection. Especially now that young people are becominggradually aware of the need to establish environmental protection. ButChinese people’s environmental awareness needs to be strengthened.I’m willing to participate in this event and associated relevant reports.»“eBeijing, the Official Website” is a unified state organ established bythe Internet network station groups, including the Beijing governmentportal site and the sub-stationsLiang Chunyuan, Deputy editor,Sohu Netemail sent september 4, 2009Today’s young people are enjoying the results of rapid economic develop-ment, how this economic development will turn over to the environmentis the big question that they will have to face in the future. We wish thatat the “Green Films and Solutions for a Better Planet Tour» young peoplewill discuss about environmental issues, and and in this way enhanceyoung people’s environmental awareness. At the same time we also wishthat this event can enjoy of the support of the network media to provide acommunication platform for the young people to express their respectivepoints of view, and actively seek solutions to environmental problems.Sohu is one of the major internet portals in China.
14. 14The China Green TourYi Bo, director,China Central Television Art Centeremail sent august 27, 2009Make use of films and other art forms among young people to widelypublicize environmental problems is a correct choice. I wish the “GreenFilms and Solutions for Better Planet Tour» activities can be successfullyheld in China and are willing to publicise this event as a contributionof the media.CCTV’s programs reaches an audience of 95.9% of the population ofChina.CAO Yu,DJ on Internet radio Green Lemonemail sent august 7, 2009«To hear that the “Green Films and Solutions for Better Planet Tour»is to be organised makes me feel very happy. In fact, everyone shouldattach great importance to our environment. What we need to do is tomake use of nature at our convenience for our lives but make use ofnature does not mean to change it.Now with the climate changes many living beings can only be seen intextbooks or museums. This is an extremely unresponsible example forour future generations. We wish to create a “good living environment” forthem but we are thinking in only from a small inside home environmentpoint of view and forget the planet we need for our survival.The concept of publicise environmental protection among the publicby films is a newly and effective way. I would like to promote this eventwithin my program.Green Lemon music radio is an online internet radio broadcasting 24 hourday specialised in chinese pop-music for young actives and students.
15. 15The China Green TourQiu Shi, Producer,Hunan TV and Broadcast Intermediary Co.email sent august 29, 2009« As a developing country, China’s consumption of natural resourcesis huge, especially in the use of wood, disposable chopsticks, paper,furniture, etc. with a large number of trees cut each year, deforestation,land desertification, plant and animal extinction, leads to malignantconsequences. I wish “Green Films and Solutions for a Better Planet Tour”activities making use of the films to make people pay more attention toenvironmental protection, and help reducing the waste of life resourceswith the hope that public figures can play a role model.»As media, we are willing to follow with interest this event, and wish tocarry on complete coverage. Best wishes for “Green Films and Solutionsfor a Better Planet Tour» to be a great success.»Hunan TV and Broadcast Intermediary Company have three networkdivisions, using Hunan TV, Hunan Business TV station, etc. with hundredsof millions of chinese television audience groups and Hunan Province,2 million cable television customers.Li Yan, Director,China Central Television New Film Production Centeremail sent september 3, 2009«In our digital era, documentary has become one of the more unrestrainedcreation for the masses. Whether it is film, dv, or cell phone, the imagecan be a true record of the Earth‘s every change. Time reminds us ofa countless injured Earth that needs our protection. We expect that at“Green Films and Solutions for a Better Planet Tour» we can see moreand better and through the TV transmission more people can participatein the discussion in an effort to focus on our living environment.»China Central Television (CCTV) is China National TV station. It broadcasteconomy, science and education and other 16 sets of television programs,reaches an audience of 1. 200 millions of viewers. “China CentralTelevision new film production center” is directly under the China CentralTelevision (CCTC) that undertake the production of documentaries,program production...
16. 16The China Green TourMu Wei, Director, Events Department - DirectorDali TVemail sent september 4, 2009«As a tourist city, the environment affects directly our economy. Wewish for “Green Films and Solutions for a Better Planet Tour» activitiesan enormous impact. Give publicity to environmental protection is theresponsibility of every media workers.»Located in Yunnan, Cangshan-Erhai Lake is one of the 44 scenic spotsapproved by the State Council as National Nature Reserve. Dali televisionhas a coverage of 12 county-cities, broadcast 17 hours a day, coveringa population of 2.5 million.YUAN Jiayu, Shanxi People’s Radio Station«China as a rising power, is bound to take on more responsibility on theglobal sustainable development. We wish “Green Films and Solutions forBetter Planet Tour» activities can have an enormous impact, and hopeto have the opportunity to participate on the coverage of the activitiy.»Shaanxi People’s Radio Station as a mainstream media, has alreadyexperienced 61 years of ups and downs. Shaanxi Radio offers 10 sets ofprograms: news, economy, transportation, rural, music, urban, drama,youth, Shaanxi opera and tales. Shaanxi People’s Radio largest audiencereached 21 million people, its average audience 10 million listeners.Zhang Hailv,Magazine Senior Editor,”Best Life • Shangri-La”email sent september 9, 2009«Greenland glaciers fracture, the accelerated melting of Arctic ice, theMaldives islands disappearing ..., these far away matters have not touchedus yet. A rainstorm can change the boundless avenues, a hurricane canuproot and remove the trees of the streets, thunder can make the roofscollapse, all these phenomenon constantly remind us that the citieswhere we are leaving are very fragile when facing weather disasters. Asa result, environmental protection is no longer just a question of feedingpeople, and plunder the natural resources of the whole world at the styleof the no-mercy old colonial powers. China as developing country isfacing a serious water resource problem, this late and desperate effortmake us recall of the old proverb:” fixing the fence when the sheep isalready lost”- better late that never.