- It prolonging the life and accuracy of the lathe.
- Proper care can retains its accuracy for years.
- Always pump the oil at the carriage.
- The time spent in keeping a lathe clean is more than
repaid by the added life of the machine.
- Abrasive sludge increases friction and makes the lathe
hard to operate, causing wear between the parts.
- Shut off switch.
- No compressed air.
- Use paint brush.
- Use clean cloth.
- Remove gum and oil strains once a week.
What is jibs?
* adjustable part that allow you to eliminate the space that has been
by the wear between the slideways. (cross slide, and the compound
2 types of jibs :
* straight jib.
* tapered jib.
* produce bearing surface on the slide
* compensate wear between mating parts ( saddle, cross &
- About wiper pads :
* typically made of felt that will hold oil.
* saturated with oil to catch the fine particles of dirt or debris.
* to keep slide ways free from chips or debris.
* to smooth the slide ways with a certain amount of oil.