OLD vs. NOWSales Holds The Power Customer Holds The PowerSales Answer ALL The Questions Endless Research OptionsSales Enter Process Early Fluid Movement When BuyingStaged Movement Thru Buying Sales Enter Process LateBuyer Research Difficult Customers Find Most Answers
1. MARKETING Owns the PIPELINE! The success or failure of your business depends entirely on the quality and quantity of sales-ready leads you generate.
2. MARKETING Owns INNOVATION! “Marketing is a tightly integrated effort to discover, arouse, create and satisfy customer needs.”
3. MARKETING Owns the INFORMATION! “It’s often the most important part of the product, or the product itself. Your information has become one of the most important differentiator in competitive markets”
why?is it so hard for people to make email campaigns happen?
perceived technical ability no reward no strategy varied systems no ownershipno conversion plan no specific campaign no measurement no support/expertise tech/marketing cross over
“Fundamentally it’s not just about content. it’s about identity, relationships and content ”INCREASED visibility WORD of Mouth55% Blogs on company sites result in This is the primary factor behind 50% of buying decisions. Interesting content is the TOP 3 reason why Thought Leadership 55% more visitors. people follow brands in social media.97% Companies with blogs get 97% more inbound links than others white pa s pers37% log b esentations 37% of marketers say blogs are pr ARTICLES most valuable form of marketing 6 out of 10 Twitter or Facebook users are more likely to recommend a brand they follow. infographics case s podcasts tudies eB oo ksINCREASE reach with blogs guides IMPROVES Social Interaction434% Compelling content drives successful more indexed pages social media campaigns - cited by 3 out of 4 marketers as a factor in closing sales.97% 70% Of consumers prefer “getting to know” a more indexed links company via articles rather than ads. 60%Blogs give sites: More pages + more links = bigger Of consumers feel more positive about aslice of the search results for your business. company after reading custom content on its site.
3. BRAIN 1. CURATE: list 2. SUCCESS: STORMING: Ask your favourite blog Share your your friends, off and posts successes online 5. MASH UP: “What 4. GUEST: Ask 6. ASK: Speak to Batman Can Teach someone to you want your database and You About Success” to connect with customers 7. MEMORIES: 8. INTERVIEW: Speak 9. REVIEW: Pick a Revise and revive to your database product/service old content and customers and review it
10. CHALLENGES: 11. CASE STUDIES: 12. BOOKS: Using popular Share your Things that work and book names or titles Challenges don’t for you “50 Shades of Email” 13. MOVIES: 14. WATCH A PLAY: This 15. COMICS: Super Characters & is incredibly stimulating and heroes make great stories trigger better than watching a article themes ideas movie!16. TV: Choose popular 17. TRENDS: Use 18. CELEBRITY: shows with your Google trends it will Any one will do! audience boost your hits!
19. GET PERSONAL: 20. TAKE A WALK: Personal stories This will restart your ALWAYS connect brain! 21. RECYCLE: 22. STEREOTYPES: Take your old information Deal with you industry and recycle them! stereotypes head on
We ASSUME too much...i.e. Frankenstein was a nice guy trapped in a monsters body!
9 steps to keeping it simple 1. GIVE one person SOLE ownership and time to complete the task 2. GRAB your contacts (EVERYTHING from EVERYWHERE) 3. DEFINE what your business wants to be known for (3 words) 4. FIND OUT what your customers biggest problems are 5. WRITE OUT a lot of headlines and bullet points to solve it 6. ORGANISE them based on related products & services 7. OUTSOURCE your brief to a writer (you WON’T do it!) 8. ADD & LINK your articles to your email & hit send! 9. RECORD your results and improve on them next time