2. Activity N: 1Grade: 2° MedioUnit 1: Sports and Hobbies.Technique: Error detection and correction (Number 2).Lesson Objectives: - The students will be able to make sentences that express interests in sports or hobbies. - The students will be able to recognize the verbs that are followed with “to” and “ing”.Instructions: The students have to analyze the next chart and then identifythe incorrect verbs and write the correct sentence and rewrite in the chart inblank. Verb + verb in infinitive want try need learn Verb + verb ing enjoy stop mind finish Verb + verb in infinitive / ing like love prefer hate
3. 1 ‘Would you like to play football?’ ‘No, I would prefer to play basketball.’2 What do you want to do tonight?3 Would you like to go to the beach?4 I learnt to swim when I was five years old.5 Have you finished playing on the computer?6 Where is Anna? I need to ask her something.7 Do you enjoy visiting other countries?8 I’m not in a hurry. I don’t mind waiting.9 Lidia has a lot of books. She enjoys reading.10 Marie loves dancing.11 I hate running when it’s cold.12 I´m trying to read. Please stop talking.123456789101112
4. Key words1 ‘Would you like playing football?’ ‘No, I would prefer play basketball.’2 What do you want doing tonight?3 Would you like go to the beach?4 I learnt swimming when I was five years old.5 Have you finished to playing on the computer?6 Where is Anna? I need asking her something.7 Do you enjoy visiting other countries?8 I’m not in a hurry. I don’t mind wait.9 Lidia has a lot of books. She enjoys to read.10 Marie loves to dance.11 I hate to running when it’s cold.12 I´m trying reading. Please stop to talk.
5. Activity N: 2Technique 4: Cloze procedureUnit 1: Sports and Hobbies Grade: 2nd MSkill: Reading and writing.Objectives: Apply grammar rules at text level.Instructions:The students have to read the text and complete with the missing wordaccording to preferences with: enjoy…..ing – hate…..ing – love…..ing –like….ing structure.EXAMPLE: I like surfing internet with my friends.Complete the sentences in the correct formI am 16 years old and my name is Mike. I enjoy going (enjoy/go) toDisneyland with two friends, my best friends. Also we have many hobbies incommon, we love surfing (love/surf) in the beach on summer, we like playing(like/play) tennis, but Paul hates running (hate/run). So, every Monday weenjoy playing (enjoy/play) basketball in the stadium of Anaheim, sometimeswe see famous basketball players. That days, we are very exhaust and Paul´smother prepare delicious food, she likes cooking (like/cook) Italian food,and her son loves eating (love/eat) spaghetti, and when I return to my home,my parents say me that I do my homework, I hate doing (hate/do)homework.
6. Activity N: 3Technique 7: Sentence CombiningObjectives: To connect ideas in coherence sentences.Instructions:Combine each sentence into one using the connectors below. It can be usedmore than 1.Although, because, or, also, and, but.1. My favorite sport is football. My favorite sport is basketball.2. I like surfing every summer. I don’t like it when there are many people on the sea.3. I would like to travel to England. I would like to travel to Egypt.4. I have a skateboard. I have a helmet. I don’t have replacements for my skateboard.5. I wish to practice more football. I have my ankle a little bit hurt. My doctor said that I have to rest for 2 weeks.6. I would like to go to the pool. Maybe we would go to the beach.7. That biker had a horrible accident. The biker survives to the accident.8. I prefer walk. I prefer ride a bicycle. I don’t like to pollute with a car.9. Its better make exercises. It’s helpful for your health.
7. Answers1. My favorite sports are football and basketball.2. I like surfing every summer but I don’t like it when there are many people on the sea.3. I would like to travel to England or/and also to Egypt.4. I have a skateboard and a helmet but/although I don’t have replacements for my skateboard.5. I wish to practice more football but I have my ankle a little bit hurt and my doctor said me that I have to rest for 2 weeks.6. I would like to go to the pool or maybe we would go to the beach.7. That biker had a horrible accident, although he survives to the accident.8. I prefer walk or ride a bicycle but I don’t like to pollute with a car.9. Its better make exercises because it’s helpful for your health.
8. Activity N°4Technique 9: DictoglossSkills: listening, writing and speaking.Objectives: Recognize the different adverbs. Take note of key words. Organize ideas from oral input into meaningful sentences. Complete the whole text.Warm up:  In this stage the teacher will introduce some temporally and frequency adverbs. Temporally adverbs Frequency adverbs Every year Always At the weekend sometimes On Saturday never Each day Often Every Sunday Usually RarelyInstructions:-First the teacher will show some information about the adverbs that will use.-The teacher will indicate to the student, to write down in a piece of paper 5numbers and leave a space of two lines in each number.-The teacher will read the whole text. The students only have to listen.
9. -The teacher will divide the text in 5 sentences. The teacher will read again the textbut separated by sentences.- After read each sentence, the teacher will give 1 minute in which students have totake notes about what they heard only with key information (adverbs).- The teacher will finish reading all the sentences and the student have to formgroups of 5 to reconstruct their own version of the text. Students have to use thenotes they took.-Each group will read their own version of the story telling to the rest of the class,which were the adverbs they heard. The teacher will project the original text tocompare the version the student create. My routine for the competition(1) Every year that I plan to participate in Swimming Championships, my routineschange immediately. (2)First, I have to practice every day at the pool, since 8:00 pmuntil 18:00 pm I also ride my bicycle three times a week. (3)My weekends are verydifferent from yours, at the weekend I have to get up at 7 o clock, to run around theblock. On Saturdays I relax and spend some time with my friends. (4)In terms offood, during my training I never eat bread because my personal trainer says that isunhealthy for me. (5)But I always drink milk and yogurt, which is good for mybones. Each day I have to drink at least 8 glasses of water, so every Sunday mymother goes to the supermarket to get what I need.