1. Evaluation – Question 6 What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
2. What was Photoshop used for?Photoshop was used for the front cover andcontents page of my media products and partsof the double page spread although most wasconstructed on Microsoft Publisher. It wascrucial to use Photoshop to create and editimages, text and features within the products tocreate a conventional and professional lookingmagazine.
3. When using the quick selection tool onQuick Selection Tool Photoshop, it allows the image to be cut out of it’s background. The is easy to do and helps create images that can be used on background colours of choice. Image used on final double page spread.Before After
4. It’s important to duplicate the original image so if you go wrong when editing there is a back up. The quick selection tool is located at the side of the screen.By clicking and slowly draggingthe mouse over the area youwant to remove, the area ishighlighted and then by clickingdelete, it shows a greychequered background.
5. Transform – Scale / The transform scale & rotation option makes it easier to Rotation manoeuvre features around the page for a better layout.The original image used on the contents page product – it alsohad to be changed to fit the size of the contents page.
6. Once the image has been inserted onto the page, by highlighting the layer at the right hand side, edit – transform – scale, enables the image to be moved to an appropriate size. Holding down shift when changing the size, keeps the original shape of theBy going to edit – transform – rotate, the image image, just changes it to a smaller size.can be rotated to the direction it’s wanted. Alsoby holding down shift, the rotation doesntdistort the image.
7. The character tool allows text to be placed onto theCharacter page.By using the character tool at the sideof the screen, text can be used andedited. The colours, font and size areall editable and can be changed eachtime. Text used on all of the media products – shown here on the contents page.
8. The spot fix tool removes blemishes and shine Spot Fix marks from the image. After – by using the spot fix tool, the area on the image with shine marks from the lights has been blended and removed subtly.Before – the highlighted area whichneeded a spot fix
9. Layering enables text/images to be placed on top of Layering backgrounds and colour blocks. After – the text has been layered on top of the coloured blocks and background image. It is easier to see and shows clearly when alternating the colour scheme.Before – the page before any text had beenplaced on to it. The panel beside the pageshows the order in which features appearon to the products. To get the layer on topof another, it must be above the feature itneeds to be on top of