Integrating Second Life and Google Maps
Malcolm X Across Platforms
A Project of Honors COM 101-160 (Fall 2007)
Instructor: Amani Wazwaz
Librarians: Troy Swanson and Larry Sloma
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1
What is Second Life?
• A three dimensional persistent online environment (“world”).
• Accessed using special free software and an Internet connection.
• Access and many materials (clothing, etc.) are free.
• All content (buildings, clothing, etc.) is created by users.
• Every user is represented by a self determined “avatar.”
• Used for recreation, socializing, business, education, and cultural pursuits.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2