4. What we do?
• Res Publica Romana works for romanitas. The work is done by
working, supporting and promoting projects that:
– Work to reinstate Roman virtues culture and community.
– Make Roman history come alive through work with living history and
– Arrange worship and rituals for the Roman ancestor spirits and gods.
– Support research of Roman history and
associated archaeological work.
– Produce musical, dramatic, pedagogic,
cinematic and literary Roman works.
– Integrate music, theatre, films and other
cultural expressions in the other activities of
Res Publica Romana itself.
– Engage women, men, youths and children from
all cultures all over the world in the romanitas.
5. Our projects and cooperation
• You can read more about our current projects here.
• We collaborate with different organisations and groups in
order to help our projects as well as to gather all modern
Romans to meet with each other.
• You can read more about our collaboration with other
organisations and groups here.
7. What we are?
• Roman community
– We have chosen to model our organisation according to the
principles of ancient Roman republic in order to build a Roman
– In our view adopting certain ancient Roman principles and ways
of doing things is necessary for building a real Roman
• Swedish NPO
– We are registered as a non-profit organisation in Sweden with
focus to be active internationally with religious, historic and
cultural interest related to ancient Rome.
8. What we are?
• A uniting hub
– Our aim is to be a uniting hub for Roman enthusiasts and
professionals and to promote our own projects as well as
projects and efforts of other Roman organisations, groups and
• Reconstructionalism & research
– We promote and support activities related
to re-enactment and reconstructionalism
as well academic research and all other
activities related to ancient Roman culture.
9. What we are not
• Is Res Publica Romana a role-playing game / re-enactor group /
micronation / living history group / reconstructionist group / religious
community / academic organisation... ?
• In short: no, we are not any single one of those!
– We promote and support activities related to re-enactment and reconstructionalism as well
academic research and all other activities related to ancient Roman culture. Our aim is to be
a uniting hub for Roman enthusiasts and professionals and to promote our own projects as
well as projects and efforts of other Roman organisations, groups and communities.
– We have chosen to do this a Roman community, which necessites, in our view, adopting
certain ancient Roman principles and ways of doing things.
– For us e.g. adopting to use the titles of magistrates of the Roman republic is not a role-
playing game, but a serious attempt to create a Roman community that follows Roman
values and principles in organising common interests - res publica in Latin.
– This sets us apart from both re-enactors and micronations: we are not building new sovreign
state nor re-enacting any spesific event or period.
– We are also not living history group nor reconstructionists or experimental archaeologists as
we are not creating or experimenting any more physical artefacts than immaterial culture.
– We also are not an academic organisation as we do not concentrate solely on research.
– We also are not a religious organisation even while as a Roman community we want to aim
keep up pax deorum.
11. How to become a citizen of RPR?
• Our citizenship is open for everyone.
• We welcome as citizens all students, researchers,
enthusiasts, reconstructionists, experimental archaeologists,
living history practioners, re-enactors, members and citizens
of other Roman organisations and religio romana practioners.
• We have two-level system of citizenship: friends and citizens.
You can choose level of citizenship that suits best your
wishes. As a friend of RPR you can take part most of our
activities and as full citizen, who has taken all the steps in
cursus civium -process, take part into our administration as
well as all our activities.
• Read more how to become a citizen and leave your
application at our Villa Publica (Censor's Office) -site.
12. Where to find us?
• Website: http://www.respublica-romana.com
• Citizen mailing list and discussion group:
• Apply for citizenship:
14. RPR Declaration
• Republican Rome today: a modern synthesis.
• We of Res Publica Romana are modern Romans living our lives
according to the values, ethics and culture of the Republic of ancient
Rome. We exemplify the best of the past, updated to today's world.
• We are a community spread all over the world, joined in a Roman
community by our common vision of Romanitas.
• It is Rome that inspires and directs us in our daily lives: whether we
are speaking Latin, engaging in philosophy, building temples to the
gods, embodying Roman values of courage, friendship, loyalty and
devotion to duty.
• As students, scientists, teachers, soldiers, politicians, parents,
children, we honour and live the Roman virtues which made Roma
• Venite; join us and live a life of Romanitas!
15. Res Publica Romana
Contact MMDCCLXX (2017)
L. Licinius Lucullus
Julia Caesaris Cytheris Aege
C. Julia Agrippa
K. Fabius Buteo Quintilianus
Sep. Fabia Vera