Agenda• What is Feeds?
• Key components / concepts
• 3rd part plugins
• Feeds Tamper
• Client cases
What is Feeds?• Flexible solution for importing data
• Easy to setup imports in no time
• Multiple simultaneous configurations (importers)
• UI for granular mapping of source and target
• Manually or scheduled import
• Stand-alone or content type for import
What is Feeds?• Formats: RSS, ATOM, CSV, OPML
• Data types: nodes, users, taxonomy terms
• Ctools plugins
• Features support
• Hooks / API
Key components● Fetcher:
○ Download, load or receive feed from a source
○ Standard: HTTP + upload
○ Parse fetched source data
○ Standard: RSS/Atom, CSV, OPML, XML Sitemap
○ Process the parsed data and store it in the target data type
○ Standard: Node, User, Taxonomy term
Feeds Tamper• Manipulate single fields before it is saved
○ Replace every instance of 'dog' with 'cat'.
○ Make every letter uppercase, lowercase, or capitalize every first letter.
○ Break a comma separated list of words into Taxonomy terms or a multivalued text field.
○ Combine separate 'firstname' and 'lastname' fields into one 'name' field.
○ Convert URL’s from relative to absolute.
• 20+ build in plugins for manipulation
• Custom tamper plugins using ctools
Client cases• Migration of nodes, files and taxonomy terms
• Import of departments and employees from local phone book.
• Import of events from external event system.
• Import of jobs / vacancies from HR system.
• Aggregation of multiple RSS feeds