Shopify Vs Magento – E-commerce
• Choosing the right content management system plays a
crucial part in determining the success of your online store.
• Shopify and Magento are two powerful CMS platform, that
is used widely by wed developers for creating e-commerce
• Lets discuss and compare them in detail to identify who
among these two can be titled the best Content
• Magento is a free and open-source software with a huge
community backing. The only cost you incur is for the
hosting and other services that accompanies that.
Therefore, You would need well-equipped, open source
developers to host, install, configure and setup your online
• Shopify is a commercialized software that offers you the
• Shopify and Magento, both are known for offering easy-to-maintain and
powerful functionalities for the online store.
• Shopify has a starter plan that offers a maximum of 24 store items, while
all the other plans offers unlimited store items
• Magento, being a free software has no restrictions on the number of items
and they are all available for free.
• The only factor that has to be keep in mind while using Magento, is the
server speed, as it may slow down the site when a lot of items are being
Payment Gateway Options
• Up to 70 various payment gateway options are supported by Shopify
• Magento on the other hand supports, considerably less amount of
payment gateways. However more option can be added through third-
Themes & Templates
• Both Shopify and Magento offers you a wild range of themes and
templates. The themes and Templates they offers are both free and paid
• Magento's paid theme is $1, while Shopify offer paid themes, starting at a
Add-ons & Apps
• Shopify offers more than 100 apps and add-ons
• The community-driven nature of Magento has resulted in
the formation of 5000+ apps and add-ons.
• Both the platforms offer a mix of paid and free apps and
• Magento and Shopify are well-built to offer extensive SEO
capabilities that will help you draw more digital footfalls to
your online store
• Shopify with its menu-driven methods, has a slight advantage
with it comes to customization. This means that a novice user
will be able to customize the store with ease.
• With Magento, a person with a deeper knowledge of the
platform or an established open source development
company is required to customized the store.
• Shopify offers limited, multi-lingual capabilities and requires you to
use third party apps to achieve more support.
• Magento offers complete multi-lingual capabilities
• Both Shopify and Magento offer a platform that is well-integrated
and easy to use.
• What works in the favor of Shopify is the Wizard mode, which
allows the users to easily setup the stores.
• Magento, which lacks a hosting solution, makes it quite hard for
users to setup online stores on their own.
• Shopify's usage cost is spread across the various fees (setup,
monthly and transaction) and the bandwidth charges
• Modify only cost comes through the hosting and other
services that assists it.
• The comparison leads us to the conclusion that, Shopify offers full
hosting and managing services and is easy to use
• Magento offers numerous free services with a huge community
• It's quite hard to point out, one particular CMS as a clear winner, as
both has an equal share of advantages and disadvantages. It's upto
the web host to decide the CMS platform that will best-suit the
functions of the online store and plan the development accordingly.
Agriya is a leading website and app development company. We have completed over
15,000+ projects and have 10,000+ clients around the world. We give end to end
solution for building a website, from the designing to coding we take care of it. Our
services extend from online business to mobile application business as well. We have
developed fantastic products like,
Udemy Clone Lynda Clone Skillshare clone
Udacity Clone Teamtreehouse
Who is Agriya?