3. “No. I’m totally messing with you. All Beyonce and JLo havedone is add to the laundry list of attributes women must have toqualify as beautiful. Now every girl is expected to have Caucasian blue eyes, full Spanish lips, a classic button nose, hairless Asian skin with a California tan, a Jamaican dance hall ass, long Swedish legs, small Japanese feet, the abs of a lesbian gym owner, the hips of a nine-year-old boy, the arms of Michelle Obama, and doll tits. The person closest to actually achieving this look is ______ _________, who, as we know, was made by Russian scientists to sabotage our athletes.” -Tina Fey Fill in the blank.
9. With the advent of reprographic techniques, the RBI felt the need of issuing currency notes with new security features. Along with a changed watermark, windowedsecurity thread; one more feature was added in 1996, as we know today. What was added to the Indian Currency Notes in 1996?
10. This French term refers to people or worksthat are experimental or innovative, particularly with respect to art, culture, and politics. Itrepresents a pushing of the boundaries of what is accepted as the norm or the status quo,primarily in the cultural realm, hence the name literally means that division of the army that is the first line of defense. Some examples include James Joyce and Ezra Pound in literature, Frank Zappa and Igor Stravinsky in music, Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol in visual arts. What term are we talking about?
11. A world cloud is a bunch of text,generated from a text provided by the user. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. The image is a word cloud created from a piece of text. What is the source text?
15. X is a company founded in July 2007 and head quartered in San Francisco, California. It states itsmission as “Connecting the world through games.” The company was named in honour of X, CEOMark Pinchus’s late American bulldog. The dog also features on the company’s logo.Which well-known company are we talking about?
17. The Financial Times, first publishedin 1888, started a new practice in 1893 to distinguish itself from its rival, TheFinancial News, in what the newspaper described as “a masterstroke which made it immediately distinguishable from its main competitor.” This practice is being followed till today by certain newspapers. What are we talking about?
They changed the colour of the pages to salmon pink, something that sets financial newspapers apart.
20. In many computer operating systems, a special typeof error message will display onscreen when the system has experienced a fatal error. Computer users have dubbed these messages ______ __ _____as they typically result in unsaved work being lost and often indicate serious problems with the systems hardware or software. Fill in the blanks.
24. YKK is a Japanese company thatmanufactures _________. They have a near monopoly over the market andsupply to almost all major and minor brands of the world. However, their image is not highprofile due to the ‘placement’ of their product. What does YKK manufacture?