• Born July 30th 1970, London, England.
• Started making short films at the age of 7.
• British – American Thriller Director.
• Film Director, screenwriter and producer.
• Residence - Los Angeles, California, USA.
• Directed his first film in 1998, the ‘Following.’
• 8 Major feature films.
• Described as ‘One of the most innovative storyteller and
image makers at work in movies today.’
• Studied English Literature at University college, London,
as well as making short films in his own time.
• Batman Begins
• The Dark Night
• The Dark Night Rises
• The Prestige
• Man of Steel
Awards and Nominations
• One of his most famous feature films, ‘The Dark Night’ (2008) made
$1 billion dollars at the worldwide box office.
• Won movie of the year award (AF1) :
-The Dark Night
-The Dark Night Rises
• Won Career Achievement Award (2008)
• Academy Awards
• Golden Globe award nomination for best original screenplay
• Independent spirit award for best director, best screenplay
• DGD Award – Directors Guild of America
• WGD Award – Writers Guild of America
• PGA Award – Producers Guild of America