Bradley Reifler Brad Reifler, founder and CEO of Forefront Capital, a unique trading and advisory firm for individuals who seek to trade their personal capital using an institutional infrastructure. Previously, Reifler was CEO of Pali Capital and founder of Reifler Trading Corporation in 1982.
Visits Brad Reifler visits Roosevelt National Historic Site Eleanor Roosevelt may be best known as the First Ladyand wife to President Franklin D. Roosevelt, but most willattest that she stands in her own right as one of history’s mostendearing, humane and intelligent women, says Brad Reifler, aHudson Valley resident and history buff. For those who wishto know Mrs. Roosevelt just a bit more can tour her lovely andmodest house a retreat she called Val-Kill and its surroundinggardens in the historic Hyde Park in upstate New York. According to national park officials, Val-Kill is “The onlyNational Historic Site dedicated to a first lady.”
• Val-Kill is located on the 300-acre Hyde Park that also houses the Franklin D. Roosevelt Home National Historic site, the Presidential Library and Museum, the Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site, as well as a myriad of lovely gardens. According to Brad Reifler, visitors may take guided tours of Val-Kill Cottage as well as enjoy the brand new, “Close to Home” short film which offers more insight into her remarkable life.
• Entrance to the park grounds is free, however there is an $8.00 fee for adults for Val-Kill which includes a guided tour of Val-Kill. Children ages 15 and under are admitted free of charge.• On December 15, 2012, visitors may enjoy a special “open house” which includes a tour of Val-Kill as well as the other attractions in Hyde Park. Admission on this day is free, says Brad Reifler.
Brad Reifler visits the Dia,Beacon,Riggio Galleries Of the many attractions and wonders of the Hudson RiverValley – one of the most unique if not inspiring is the Dia:Beacon, Riggio Galleries – a collection of modern art designedto inspire and wow even the most ardent art fans, says artlover and local resident, Brad Reifler. This contemporarymuseum houses the Dia Art Foundations collection from the1960s to the present, according to museum officials.
The Dia Art Foundation was established in 1974 and according to its website, “internationally recognized as one of the world’s most influential contemporary art institutions.” The word Dia means ”through” in Greek and was named as such “…to suggest the institution’s role in enabling visionary artistic projects that might not otherwise be realized because of their scale or ambition.”• The Dia: Beacon, Riggio Galleries currently exhibits a myriad of mediums and artists –some of the key collections including the following:• The Opus + One, “the first comprehensive museum exhibition in North America devoted to the work of Paris- based artist Jean-Luc Moulène,” according to museum officials. This exhibition run through December 31.
• The Pure Awareness of the Absolute/Discussions, a work of art by Ian Wilson, at Dia:Beacon, Riggio Galleries, in New York’s Hudson Valley. Organized by Dia curator Yasmil Raymond, The Pure Awareness of the Absolute/Discussions runs through June 2013.• Since 2008, one of the museum’s most beloved exhibitions is Knoebel’s cycle of 21 shaped paintings, 24 Colors—for Blinky. Acquired for Dia’s collection shortly after it was realized, this epic cycle marks the artist’s first sustained engagement with color
Brad Reifler visits Clinton VineyardsNew Yorkers who yearn for some sparkling white wines or full-bodied and elegant dessert wines with rather evocative names,need to look no further than the lovely Hudson River Valley.Clinton Vineyards, which has been a staple of the region since1977, offers award-winning white wines, champagnes made inthe “classic ‘methodechampenoise’” as well as romanticallyinclined bold dessert wines, according to the Clinton Vineyardswebsite.
• The Clinton Vineyards was established by proprietor Ben Feder who was inspired by the tradition of small European Estates when he focused on cultivating Seyval Blanc, according to Feder. For example, the Clinton Vineyards Cassis is the only black currant wine made in the United States to win gold medals and “Best of Class” at the Los Angeles International Wine Competition.
• The Clinton Vineyards is situated on lush vineyards and visitors to the winery will enjoy the “welcoming” and casual experience in the charming and rustic Clinton Vineyards tasting room.• The winery offers over a hundred acres of vineyards and gardens and guests may stroll through the gardens, enjoy the view of the lovely pond as well as explore the historic Dutch barns, says Brad Reifler.• The Clinton Vineyards is open every Thursday – Sunday 12 noon to 5:30 p.m. Check the website or call first in case of holiday closings. Shopping for Wines at the Clinton Vineyards• As stated previously, the Clinton Vineyards specializes in white and dessert wines and while the quality is high the prices are reasonable under $40 per bottle, according to Brad Reifler. If you cannot visit the winery anytime soon you can visit their internet store
Brad Reifler spends a day at Orvis Sandanona Orvis Sandanona in Millbrook, New York takes hunters, non-hunters, adventurers, fly fisher novices and not-so novices for aday or weekend trip among the glorious nature of upstate NewYork – described by the company website as“…a place wherethe traditions of the field and the hunt are held in the highestregard and is the oldest permitted shotgun shooting club in thecountry.”
Since 1856, Orvis company has been famous for its gaming andhunting lodges worldwide as well as its vast line of clothing forall types of hunting from shooting trips in the forest and flat-lands and fly fishing, says local resident and outdoor sportsman,Bradley Reifler. Orvis is also well-known and respected for itsSporting Clays and fly fishing classes, guided fly fishing toursnot to mention beautiful historical lodges that house visitors inluxury. Classes, nature conservancy and even cruises in Alaskaon steamship-style boats are also part of Orvis’ vast portfolio ofaction-oriented gaming and adventures.
Depending on your interests, the Sandanoa lodge hosts numerous activities.• Sporting Clays Sporting Clays, made famous by the British, is a form of clay pigeon shooting, explains Bradley Reifler. The Sporting Clays minimum reservation is for two people, however single shooters MUST shoot a double round, according to Orvis.• Wing shooting School Orvis has been offering these types of schools for over 25- years and claims to provide the “finest wing shooting and hunting instruction available anywhere in the world.” The method is very English –actually is called Churchill method. Schools are for both novices and veterans.• Fly Fishing School For those who know Orvis will appreciate this: The Fly Fishing school has culled their expert methods
Brad Reifler visits the Trever Zoo Established in 1936 by Frank Trevor a biology teacher with amission to share his “love of wildlife” – he built a school(called The Millbrook School) that has at its heart an animalcare facility that grew over the years into a full-fledged familyday trip with 150 “exotic and indigenous animals,” over sixacres, according to Trevor Zoo officials. So now, there is afully-accredited zoo (by the AZA –Associations of Zoos andAquariums) in the middle of a school in a beautiful part of thecountry Millbrook, New York, says Brad Reifler.
• The Trevor Zoo has a spirit and a heart that is bar-none. It’s not the largest of zoos but it will offer a more intimate experience in the rustic Millbrook, New York area that will make for a splendid afternoon out in the clean fresh air. Among its many species represented, you will find animals from all over the globe including Africa, Asia, Australia, North America and South America. Water Dragons, an aquarium showcasing wildlife of the Amazon, bobcats, lemurs, owls, iguanas, Alpacas, waterfowl, pythons, and more will both intrigue and educate visitors.
• The Trevor Zoo strives to teach you and your family about conservation and respect for animals and its beautiful locale mixed in with a staff of passionate professionals makes it a must see, explains Brad Reifler.Given that the Trevor Zoo is part of a High School, you will see students helping to care for the animals along with the professional biologist and animal care specialists who monitor the day to day operations of the care and feeding. According to the zoo officials, approximately 40 students choose to work on a daily basis at the zoo.
• The Trevor Zoo is open everyday of the year from 8:30am to 5pm off of route 44, six miles east of the village of Millbrook, NY and just 75 miles from New York City.• According to Brad Reifler, admission is a mere $5 for adults and $3 for children and there are annual memberships around the $40 – $50 price range. The Trevor Zoo also provides group tours as well as birthday parties and overnight trips.