PLM 7.01 is the latest version of Product Lifecycle Management software delivered by SAP. This version introduces a web-based interface to many of the SAP objects like materials, documents, BOMs, routings etc. There are a lot of useful features available in this version including better search, visualization, Engineering Record, better access control inside and outside your organization etc.
The presentation is designed to serve as a comprehensive guide to setting up SAP PLM 7.01. The following topics are covered:
- A quick intro into the different ways of managing changes in the SAP PLM system
- An explanation of the new features of SAP PLM 7.01, including infrastructure requirements and the new front end, SAP NetWeaver® Business Client (NWBC)
- A look at the security setup required to enable SAP NetWeaver Business Client
- A detailed look at the new Engineering Record, including configurations, extension capabilities, and system demos
- An analysis of the process route capability, its strengths and shortcomings
- Tips and tricks from SAP PLM 7.01 project experience