1. Are You Ready for a 21 st Century Job? Brought to you by Take This Self Test to Know… India’s No.1 Intra College Portal Service
2. If you think “Jobs will be Jobs, be it 20 th century or 21 st century! … Else, take this self test. It has Nine objective type questions. Choose only One answer for each question. Mark your answers on our online answer sheet, and find out your “ Readiness Level” ! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Click here Can’t see an answer sheet on the right? CLICK HERE
3. You must have heard about people getting hired, rejected, or fired by employers because of their twitter, or linkedin, or facebook, or orkut profiles. Please select one of the following: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Q. A. Sorry, haven’t heard any such news. B. I think I have heard about it somewhere. C. I know many such cases. And I believe it is becoming a major trend among employers to check the online presence of employees. D. I have heard about it. But I think they must be exceptional cases because these things don’t happen everyday.
4. Do you think ‘college’ & ‘college campus’ are two different things ? (OR ‘company’ & ‘company office’) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Q. A. One and the same. No difference. B. “College” or “company” is basically the People & Community of that organization. C. A single college/company can have multiple campuses/offices. That’s the difference.
5. Arrange the following skills in the Descending order of their importance (i.e. starting from most important) in making you successful in your career: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1- Spoken English. 2- Smart dressing, firm handshake, smiling face. 3- Online Forum discussion skills. 4- Blog writing skills. 5- Public speaking & presentation skills Q. A. 1-2-3-4-5. B. 1-2-5-4-3. C. 3-4-1-2-5. D. 1-3-4-2-5
6. Have you ever resolved your problems/doubts/queries through online discussion forums ? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Q. A. I thought of doing it but couldn’t find good forums on the web. B. I posted my doubts/queries on some forums but nobody replied. C. Yes I have got solutions to my problems through online discussion forums. D. I did not understand the question.
7. How do you think brainstorming or knowledge sharing happens in corporate organizations ? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Q. A. I am not sure what exactly brainstorming or knowledge sharing means. B. Almost all companies have dedicated rooms/halls where team members can sit together for discussions & presentations etc. C. They collaborate online.
8. Have you ever written a blog …OR replied to someone’s query on forums …OR added something on Wikipedia …OR shared a presentation or document on slideshare/scribd etc. ? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Q. A. Never done any of the above. B. Yes. I have done one or more of the above things.
9. Does your email-id look ‘cool’ or ‘exciting’ such as… 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, [email_address] Q. A. Yes, and I have only one email id. B. Yes, and I have another cool email id like above ones. C. Yes, but it is only for my friends. I have another simple-looking id for formal emailing. D. No my email id is simple and normal type.
10. If you have to read a long article and have an option to choose between reading on-screen or on-paper… which one would you prefer ? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Q. A. On-screen. B. On-paper.
11. Do you know what is “carbon footprint” ? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Q. A. I am hearing it for the first time. B. It is related with environmental issues, air pollution etc. C. Its a management game for confidence building, in which employees are made to walk on burning coal.
12. To enhance your readiness and to understand the importance of these questions… Test Complete ! So what is your Readiness Level ? Download our FREE eBook “ 10 Things You Must Know About 21 st Century Jobs”