1. 24TH Feb 2014
SGX NIFTY : 6170
( 8 pts UP )
Quote of The Day
"Obvious prospects for physical growth in a
business do not translate into obvious profits
EW ALL SHARE
Chart of the Day
India Trade deficit Gold & Silver Imports
Index Action-Nifty (21th, Feb, 14)
Narnolia Securities Ltd.
124, 1st floor 7/1, Lords Sinha Road Kolkata -700071. Ph 033-22821500/01/02/03/04 Mob : 9830013196
email: email@example.com, website : www.narnolia.com
2. Derivative Research
Nifty Feb 2013 Future
Nifty Mar 2013 Future
Nifty Feb 2013 Open Interest
Nifty Mar 2013 Open Interest
7 DMA of Spot Nifty
21 DMA of Spot NIfty
50 DMA of Spot Nifty
VOLATILITY INDEX (VIX)
PUT CALL RATIO
Nifty (Feb Series) Option OI Distribution:
Activity of Nifty (Feb Series) Strike
Fresh Long Seen In (Rising OI -Rising Price)
PCR (OI) RISING
FIIs Activity (Fig in Cr)
Fresh Shorts Seen In: (Rising OI -Falling Price)
PCR (OI) FALLING
3. Markets Snapshot
Top Price Performers
Top Performers 1D
Top Performers 1W
Worst Price Performers
Top News :
• Jindal Steel and Power Mgt Guideline : Company expects the company’s total steel capacity, both in India and overseas, to increase around 8
million tonne as compared to current 3 million tonne by the end of the fiscal. Company expects the total capacity to go about 2,800 MW, after the
commissioning of three units of 600 Mega Watts. The last unit of JPL will get commissioned in another three-four months, which means that in
the next 6-7 months, our total JPL capacity will go to 3,500 MW .
• Bajaj Finserv Mgt Guideline : The finance company has seen the stress increasing in the autos sector due to the slowdown seen in the sector.
The company is now restricting the quality of its customers it gives loans to combat the increasing stress levels .
• Elder Pharma Mgt Guideline : Company is planning to come out with series of new products, especially line of in-license products and brand
extension . Elder recently sold one of its key brands, Shelcal, to Torrent pharma. The company is looking for growth in the three core areas, which
are nutraceuticals, wound management and antibiotics . The company is looking for growth in the three core areas, which are nutraceuticals,
wound management and antibiotics . The company is expecting a domestic turnover in the range of Rs 150-200 crore. Mgt said the move will
bring down costs of operation, which will have a positive impact on the margins and expects international revenues, from subsidiaries in the UK
and others, in the range of Rs 600-700 crore. The Elder-Torrent deal, priced at Rs 2,004 crore for 30 brands, is expected to be completed in the
first half of 2014. The brands sold by Elder include Shelcal, Chymoral, Shelcal CT. These three are Elder’s strongest brands and contribute around
35 percent of the domestic sales
• Lupin Mgt Guideline : Lupin expect the company’s Indian business to perform well in Q4FY14 despite a high base. “Historic growth rate for the
company has been in range of 18-22 percent . Going ahead margin expansion will not be linear. Mgt expects an eventual 150-200 bps upmove in
• IL&FS TRANS in joint venture with Elsamex SA ,wholly owned subsidiary of the company in spain has been awarded a contact by roads
department Ministry of transport and communication republic of Botswana under output & performance based Road contracts system ( OPRC )
for a period of 10 year effective Feb 19, 2014 . The total length of the road to be maintained for both the contracts is 267.4 Km for a total value of
USD 216.7 million ( 1348.52 crores ) , which are being financed by world bank .
• HCL Corp, the holding company for HCL Technologies, denied a Wall Street Journal report that said its founder Shiv Nadar was seeking potential
buyers for his $10 billion stake in the company.
• Uttam Value Steels would issue preference shares worth Rs 200 crore to strategic investor . The board of directors of the company today has
agreed to issue upto 12,90,32,258 equity shares by way of preferential allotment.
• As per a CERC order, state power utilities will now compensate Tata Power's Mundra power ultra mega power plant for losses of about Rs 329
crore logged in FY2012-13 in 36 monthly installments while losses notched up between April 2013 and February 2014 will be compensated via a
Rs 0.52 per KwH tariff hike over the next 12 months.
• NTPC will set up a 1,320 MW power project in Bihar entailing an investment of Rs 9,200 crore. In this regard, a Memorandum of Understanding
(MOU) was inked between NTPC, Bihar State Power Generation Company Ltd and Lakhisarai Bijlee Company Private Ltd
• U.K. Office for National Statistics said that retail sales fell to -1.5%, from 2.5% in the preceding month whose figure was revised down from
2.6%. Analysts had expected retail sales to fall -1.0% last month.
• U.S. Crude Oil Inventories rose to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 0.973M, from 3.267M in the preceding month. Analysts had expected
U.S. Crude Oil Inventories to rise 2.013M last month.
4. Result Calendar Q3FY14
S&P/CS Composite-20 HPI y/y , HPI
m/m , CB Consumer Confidence ,
Richmond Manufacturing Index .
New Home Sales , Crude Oil Inventories .
Core Durable Goods Orders m/m ,
Unemployment Claims , Durable Goods
Orders m/m , Natural Gas Storage .
Chicago PMI , Revised UoM Consumer
Sentiment , Revised UoM Inflation
Expectations , Pending Home Sales m/m .
German Retail Sales m/m , German
GfK German Consumer Climate , German
Import Prices m/m , Nationwide HPI m/m
German Ifo Business Climate , CPI y/y Inflation Report Hearings , German Final Prelim CPI m/m , Second Estimate GDP q/q German Unemployment Change , M3 Money
, French Consumer Spending m/m ,
, Core CPI y/y .
GDP q/q .
, Prelim Business Investment q/q , Index of Supply y/y , Private Loans y/y , Retail PMI . Italian Monthly Unemployment Rate , Net
Services 3m/3m , Italian Prelim CPI m/m .
Lending to Individuals m/m , CPI Flash
Estimate y/y , Unemployment Rate .
Foreign Reserves , GDP Growth Rate YoY.
5. N arnolia Securities Ltd
402, 4th floor 7/ 1, Lord s Sinha Road Kolkata 700071, Ph
033-32011233 Toll Free no : 1-800-345-4000
em ail: firstname.lastname@example.org ,
w ebsite : w w w .narnolia.com
Risk Disclosure & Disclaimer: This report/message is for the personal information of
the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation
advice to you. Narnolia Securities Ltd. (Hereinafter referred as NSL) is not soliciting any
action based upon it. This report/message is not for public distribution and has been
furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or
redistributed to any other person in any from. The report/message is based upon publicly
available information, findings of our research wing “East wind” & information that we
consider reliable, but we do not represent that it is accurate or complete and we do not
provide any express or implied warranty of any kind, and also these are subject to change
without notice. The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations,
should use their own judgment for taking any investment decisions keeping in mind that
past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance & that the the value of
any investment or income are subject to market and other risks. Further it will be safe to
assume that NSL and /or its Group or associate Companies, their Directors, affiliates
and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise, individually or
otherwise in the recommended/mentioned securities/mutual funds/ model funds and
other investment products which may be added or disposed including & other mentioned
in this report/message.