RBS Business Capital Overview
Senior Vice President, Business Development Officer
Michigan Office Ohio Office
Direct: (248) 226-7961 Direct: (216) 277-7509
Charter One Bank Charter One Bank
27777 Franklin Rd., Ste.1980 1215 Superior Ave, Ste. 685
Southfield MI, 48034 Cleveland OH, 44114
• Founded in 1727, RBS has more than 40 million customers
and a presence in over 50 countries
• It is a broadly based financial services group with a
comprehensive product suite:
Royal Bank of
RBS Citizens, NA
Insurance & Risk
Foreign Exchange /
Loan SyndicationsHigh Yield DebtInvestment Grade
Credit ProductsM&A / Advisory
• RBS offers global reach with local expertise
• Wholly-owned by The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, on a stand alone basis
RBS Citizens, NA is the 11th largest commercial bank in the US. Citizens
includes the Charter One Bank throughout Ohio, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan.
• Leading commercial finance lender providing innovative and flexible asset-
based lending solutions for working capital, acquisitions, recapitalizations and
The Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS)
• Leading asset-based lender with a dedicated network of five full service offices in Atlanta,
Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh, in addition to sales offices in New York, Detroit,
Philadelphia and Stamford. National lending platform with global capabilities tied to the Royal
Bank of Scotland.
• Expertise across multitude of sectors and company size (typically $50,000,000 to
$2,000,000,000 revenue )
– Expertise in finance of distributors and wholesalers
– Expertise in finance of manufacturers
– Experience in food, metals, plastics, auto suppliers
– Growing coverage and portfolio of retailers and service companies
• Ability to provide commitments from $10,000,000 to up to $50,000,000 + for single lender
transactions, participations in syndicated facilities led by other lenders or club transactions.
• Capabilities to structure, execute and agent syndicated loans up to $500,000,000.
• Flexible capital solutions via revolvers and term loans (3 to 15 year amortization) to support:
– Working capital
– Acquisitions and leveraged buy-outs
– Capital expenditures
RBS Business Capital
• Aggressive pricing based on prime rate plus usually [0 to 200 basis points] with LIBOR rate plus [200 to
400 basis points] option based on collateral and credit quality of the borrower.
• Lending advances tied to discounted company asset values – A/R, Inventory, M&E, Real Estate.
• Rapid approval process.
• Minimal covenants usually limited to minimum availability, minimum 1.0:1.0 fixed charge coverage and
• Strong local presence
– Five full service and four sales offices with dedicated origination, underwriting and portfolio
management groups. Retail branch network in eastern US. State of the art online platforms.
• Broad coverage relationship focused model
– Senior banker involvement with access to group management
– Senior bankers have on average over 20 years of structured finance and capital markets experience.
• Commitment to clients throughout economic and business cycles proven by strong customer retention.
• Global banking capabilities with access to a full suite of RBS products
– Cash management, currency and interest rate management, leasing, loan syndications, bonds,
private placements, convertible securities and wealth management.
– Nationwide, UK and European lending capability.
– Ability to provide asset-based financing in Europe through RBS Invoice Finance.
– Close working relationship with Charter One and Citizens Bankers with ability to move between ABL
and traditional banking platform.
Why RBS Business Capital?