1. V A N E S S A M E N D O Z A
J U A N V E L A S C O
2. WHAT ARE HOME REMEDIES?
• Home remedies are treatments that cure diseases
or aliments that contains certain spices, vegetables,
or other things.
• Many remedies are used because of tradition
passed down from family members
3. HOME REMEDIES FOR SUN BURN
• Apply cold compresses, like towel dampened with
cool tap water on affected skin
• Take a cool bath or shower
• Apply moisturizing cream, aloe vera lotion
• Soak in oatmeal bath
4. HOME REMEDIES FOR SCARS
• You can use a body salt scrub containing papaya,
it will exfoliate your skin and remove the old skin
• You can mix bio oil and Vaseline then place cling
film over scar
• Lavender oil has skin-cell-rejuvenating properties
and reportedly helps with all forms of scarring
5. HOME REMEDY FOR EARACHE
• chop up onions and garlic and put in olive oil. Then I
warmed the oil in the microwave for about 20
seconds. Then drop some of the oil in ear.
• Extract juice from fresh ginger and put the juice in
your ear to relief pain and reduce inflammation
6. HOME REMEDY FOR SORE THROAT
• Get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids
• Gargle with warm salt water (1 teaspoon of salt per
glass of water)
• Suck on throat lozenges or hard candy
• Suck on frozen treats like popsicles
• Drink warm tea with honey
• Try applying a warm heating pad to your throat
7. THE FLU
• Stay hydrated
• Try a warm compress on forehead
• Chicken soup
• Take warm showers
8. CHICKEN POX
• Every 2-3hours take a warm bath with a lot sea salt
• Apply garlic oil, liver oil, or vitamin E oil to affected
• Baking soda can help control the itchiness and
irritation from chickenpox.
• A soup made of carrots and coriander is highly
beneficial in the treatment of chickenpox.
• An oatmeal bath is a popular home remedy for
itchiness caused by chickenpox.
• Honey will provide relief from itchiness and help
heal the chickenpox within a few days.
9. HOME REMEDIES FOR SKIN CARE
• For acne: apply 100% tea tree oil with a cotton
swab directly onto the acne every few hours. Then,
apply vitamin E oil on the spot at night.
• Keep your skin smooth with glycolic acid from a
• Lighten dark spots and acne marks by fresh lemon
• Use champagne to add a glow to your skin