2. The BUFFALOES take on Smithson Valley at home TONIGHT! Kick off is at 7:30 p.m. Adult : $6 Student: $3 Reserved: $7 All tickets are $7 at the gate.Tickets can be purchased at the Athletic Office TODAY 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
3. TODAY We will be on PEP SCHEDULE1st period 8:40 – 9:252nd period 9:30 - 10:203rd period 10:25 – 11:104th period 11:15 – 12:005th period 12:05 – 12:506th period 12:55 – 1:407th period 1:45 – 2:308th period 2:35 – 3:20PEP RALLY 3:20 – 4:00
4. UILMathTeamWill meet on Monday October 24th at 4:10 in the Library
5. COLLEGE/UNIVERSITYDEADLINE UPDATES:RICE UNIVERSITY: JAN 1(NOV 1 is for Early Decision)HONORS PROGRAMS/SPECIAL PROGRAMS:Please check the school you wish to attend tosee about specific deadlines for Honors orSpecial Programs. The deadlines given weregeneral deadlines.
6. Come join the fun at the 2 nd Annual 5K Buffalo Stampede Run/Walk! Saturday, November 19th -Find any Clemens Girls Soccer Athletes for participant forms!!
7. Congratulations to our Samuel Clemens Swim Team The past swim meet Friday 10/14 was a huge success! The girl’s team scoring 2nd in the 200 medley Relay and the 200 freestyle relay. The boy’s team scored 3rd in the 200 medley and 2nd in the 400 freestyle relay. Congratulations to Johnathen Lang, Alex Herrera, Burke Smith, Georgeanne Bascos and Talia Angelo for placing either 1st or 2nd in individual eventsKEEP IT UP CLEMENS WATER BUFFALOES!!!!
8. New Library RuleYou must have a pass to come in at lunch.Please see the Librarian or any teacher to obtain a pass. Thanks for your cooperation! See you in the library!
9. FIRST AMENDMENT ESSAY CONTEST Offered by-The San Antonio Chapter of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State Essay contest on the topic “What the First Amendment Means to me” Essays should be no longer than 500 words. Open to all grade levels. The winning entry will receive a $500 cash prize! Come to the Counseling Office for more information.
10. HIP-HOP PEP- RALLY! Stomp the Rangers!!! GO BUFFS!!!
11. Breast Cancer Awareness MonthWe can change lives one coin at a time. Donate your extra change in any teachers bucket Or purchase a ribbon at lunch in front of the cafeteria. All donations will go to Texas Wings. October 17-21
12. WEDNESDAYOCTOBER 26, 2011 6PM-8PM @ STEELE
13. Service Academy Deadlines SENIORS—Congressman Lamar Smith has a deadline of October22, 2011 for students who wish to compete for anomination to one of the four United States ServiceAcademies (WestPoint, Naval Academy, Air Force Academyand Merchant Marine Academy). If you live in the 21st Congressional district and areinterested, please come by the Counseling Office as soon aspossible for more information.
14. The University of Virginia Will host an evening information session on Wednesday, October 26 at 6:30pm at Austin Public Library-Old Quarry Branch 7051 Village Center Drive Austin, TX 78731Please RSVP if you will attend—come by the Counseling Office for more information!!
15. New scholarshipinformationhas been added to theCollege Bulletin. Please goto the Samuel Clemenswebsite and go to theCounselors link for moreinformation.
16. Attention all Boys and Girls in All Grade levels. We would like to offer you the opportunity to join the Samuel Clemens Bowling team!•Coach: Evan Johnson – Over 15 years Experience and an ex-PBA bowler.•Team Information: Contact 210-380-6097Come be a part of Samuel Clemens first year bowling team!
17. FCCLA SODAS $1.00 Root Beer Coke Sunkist Dr. Pepper SpriteEVERYDAY AFTERSCHOOL IN THE BUFFALO BIN
18. CBN Design a backdrop for our anchor desk and win: •A guest appearance on CBN •A gift certificateGet copy of guidelines from the folder on the wall outside room A102. Contest is from October 11-28, 2011