1. Who is Diego Velasquez<br />LIS 120<br />Brenna Berman<br />
2. “ This project was created using the fair use guidelines.”<br /> Fair use Statement:<br />
3. <ul><li>The purpose of this activity students learn about the artist Diego Velasquez.
4. This activity is to be used as both an activating strategy as well summation for the students.
5. Now let’s learn more about this important artist.</li></ul> What is the purpose of this Activity?<br />
6. <ul><li> Here is a video clip to help know more about the artist Diego Velasquez:</li></ul> Who was the artist Diego Velasquez?<br />
7. Here is a quick clip to teach you about Diego Velasquez art style:<br />
8. <ul><li>Diego Velasquez was known for being a master realist, and no painter has ever surpassed him the ability to seize essential features.
9. Fix them on a canvas with a few broad, and sure strokes.
10. Velasquez art is known for his men and women seem to breathe and his horses are full of action and his dogs are full of life.</li></ul> What was the artist Diego Velasquez Art known for:<br />
11. Let’s look at examples of his work: This piece of art focus on scenes from common life called genre pictures. This famous picture is called Las Meninas ( Maids of Honor)<br />
12. Here is another example of Diego Velasquez art work. This piece of art focus on landscapes.<br />
13. Here is another example of Diego Velasquez art work. This art focus on religious subjects.<br />
14. Here another example of his art work, this art focus on scenes from common life called genre pictures.<br />
15. Here is an another example from the artist Diego Velasquez artwork. This piece of art focus more on mythological subjects.<br />
16. Here is the last example of art from Diego Velazquez. This piece of art focus on scenes from common life, called genre pictures.<br />
17. 1. Have the student dived up into small groups to select a piece of his artwork. Then have the students research his selected work. <br />2. When they are researching the work have the students look for subject matter, style, and technique used by the artist. <br />3. Then have the students write up a short paragraph on their results.<br />4. As a class put all the results about the Diego Velazquez into a class book.<br />5. Have fun and be creative!<br /> Here is an writing activity to help the students learn more about the artist Diego Velasquez.<br />
18. Leak, S. Lesson Unit Art as Storyteller. Available ( Online) http://www.rif.org ( 2010, March 18).<br /> Pioch, N. (2002). Web Museum: Velazquez, Diego. Available: ( Online)<br />http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/velazquez ( 2010, March 18).<br /> Bibliography<br />