1. Baldness is a quite typical issue among women and men. It is actually considered a natural part of the aging process, and many adults begin experiencing receding hair line and/or thinning hair sometime after the age of 40.However, hair loss can be caused by other conditions also and they dont have anything to do with age whatsoever. Hair loss doesnt need to start after 40. Some people experience hair loss early on and the causes can include the following: genetic predisposition, disease, poor diet, environmental exposure, prescription medications, blood circulation problems, and poor health overall.
2. There are many effective treatments for baldness, but the one thats growing to be very popular nowadays isacupuncture. This old oriental medicinal practice works on the principle of employing needles to energize certain points in the body. It has been employed, with widely reported success, for the treatment of just about any imaginable medical condition throughout history.However, acupuncture and similar holistic treatments are often frowned upon by folks who practice modern, technology-based medicine. Having said that, lately, continuing studies have been uncovering a medicinal basis for many traditional practices. Acupuncture considerably increases bloodcirculation, along with stimulating particular nerves which may add benefits including pain reduction and growth
3. Acupuncture appears to be an effective way to treat hair loss mainly because of its stimulation effect on thecirculatory system. While hair loss has numerous causes, itis mostly brought on by poor blood circulation in the scalp. Compared to the other parts of the body, the head area (scalp included) receives less blood circulation. It is through the blood stream that oxygen and nutrients are moved to the different parts of the body. As the scalp has very little blood flow, just a small amount of the nutrientsyou eat get to the scalp. The main or sole cause of hair loss may be a condition that has an effect on your circulatory system. If the blood flow in the scalp is further lessened, your body doesnt have any more way tosupport the growth of new hair and even keep the present hair and follicles healthy.
4. However, even if your baldness isnt caused by a problem in the circulatory system, its still a good idea to increase the circulation in the scalp. It is actually one of thequickest ways to slow down or reverse hair loss, because it provides your scalp with more of everything it needs to restore health and overcome any adverse conditions. In case you are taking supplements or following a specialdiet, acupuncture can multiply the benefits with improved blood circulation, carrying more of those compounds and nutrients to your scalp.
5. Many acupuncturists nowadays use various tools, such as the plum blossom hammer and the seven-pointed star.Using these tools, special fine needles are either placed in or pressed against the scalp at specific trigger spots. You may be wincing at the description of this procedure. Itdoes seem painful, which explains why many people donteven want to try it. Having said that, acupuncture for hair loss is safe and has very minimal pain when it is performed by an experienced acupuncturist.
6. The individuals comfort and the treatments success arehinged on the skill of the acupuncturist. The specific areas where the acupuncture needles are placed or pressedagainst serve as the triggers for stimulating the nerve and circulatory system. However, understand that thesensitivity in these points is very low. When you are under the hands of a skilled acupuncturist, youre likely to not even feel the needles in the least. What you will feel, though, is the joy of seeing your hair grow thick and healthy once again!