• LiveWire is an online research tool with its own proprietary panel of consumers
and captures in-depth consumer feedback and reactions quickly and efficiently,
within a 24-72 hour time frame.
• By leveraging its speed, flexibility, and size, LiveWire provides access to virtual,
“real time” information allowing for continual and instant updates to consumer
• We are a small and flexible “company” that delivers personalized attention and
customized services and our goal is to make your job easier
– LiveWire should be an extension of your strategic planning department
• LiveWire Online research was started in 1994 by Griffin Bacal (subsidiary
of DDB NY) and specialized primarily in the Kids Market.
• When Griffin Bacal dissolved in 2001, LiveWire became a direct
subsidiary of DDB and grew to become tool accessing a broad range of
QuickTime™ and a
TIFF (LZW) decompressor
are needed to see this picture.
• 20,000+ households / 65,000+ individuals
• Ages range from newborn to 95
– Fully compliant with COPPA Legislation (Children’s Online Privacy
• Geographic presence in 50 states
• Survey results can be weighted to match Census data or specific
Panel Recruitment and Maintenance
– Panelists are recruited via open enrollment and member referrals.
• Links at Online Survey Directories, accessed from search engines
– Panelists are screened via an entry questionnaire.
– Recruitment may also be customized according to client needs.
• Ability to incorporate proprietary email addresses or databases from
– The LiveWire panel is continuously updated and maintained for accuracy.
– Panelists are only invited to participate in a limited number of surveys per
year, which deters “survey fatigue” among panelists and ensures the most
When You Want To
• Capture the insights you need to make important business decisions.
• Gather information to help you make quick decisions when you don’t have the
time to conduct traditional qualitative research.
• LiveWire is most effective when you need answers to burning questions, providing
answers virtually “overnight”.
• Win new business pitches…
• Field in-depth quantitative data, within a shortened timeframe
– Statistical data would require a few extra days
When You Want To:
• Identify or understand the consumer
• Uncover trends / lifestyle choices
• Examine a competitive arena
• Build brand equity and awareness
• Position the brand or product
• Develop a creative strategy
• Test creative copy or visual concepts
• Explore new media channels
• Support a media strategy
Primary Service - Online Surveys
• Online surveys can be the most efficient way to access consumers instantly
– Although traditional focus groups still hold their value, online surveys open
the door to greater geographic dispersion, larger samples, and better use of
time and money alleviating the need to travel
• Online surveys can be as simple or complex as you need them to be and no
survey is too short. Even one burning question can be fielded and the type or
style is up to you
• We can be involved in as much or as little of the research process as you like… from
strategic development through results analysis or simply fielding a survey you have
• Our standard process includes the following steps:
– Determine research objectives.
– Pre-screen for core target based upon selected criteria such as demographics and
psychographics (lifestyles, preferences, behaviors, attitudes).
– Create a secure website from which panelists will answer survey questions.
– Provide guidance throughout the entire research process or consult based on
– Deliver results quickly -- raw format, tabulated transcripts and/or detailed
• 2-3 days from fielding date (for data only)
• 2-3 additional days from fielding date for survey development
• 2 additional weeks from fielding date for topline analysis (timing depends on complexity of
research and length of survey)
– NEW – client license for direct access to the survey site to review data which
offers more control in data analysis
– Core target can be found within specified locations (i.e. NY, Chicago) for “in-
• Moderated Online Chats
– Tool to access geographically dispersed consumers in a single place at a
designated time, and is the one online methodology that can most be
assimilated to traditional focus groups.
• Bulletin Boards
– Web interface allowing moderators and respondents to interact for up to 3
days. Questions can focus on a variety of issues and works well for
creative testing (TV / print / Internet). Moderator can probe further and
create dialogue between him/herself and individuals or among the group
• Customized Panels
– Sample of core target generally recruited/maintained for one year and can
work in tandem with all other offerings
• Strategic Consultation
– LiveWire can assist you in the development of research goals,
questionnaires, research fielding, and report writing.
• We are available in whatever shape or form is needed based on timeframe
• Report Writing
– Top-line summaries, in-depth analyses, or presentation ready reports can
be customized to your needs.
– Reports are typically delivered in powerpoint showcasing:
• Tabulated data
• Summary of each open ended question with supporting verbiage
• Conclusions and/or implications
• Project costs depend upon the scope of the assignment and take into
consideration the following variables:
– Pre-screening requirements
– Sample size
– Questionnaire development
• Number of questions/Type of questions
– Artwork/Complexity of website design
• Tabulated Transcripts
• Rush job or standard – for a rush job can return data as quickly as 2 days
• Weighting of data, survey development and topline summaries all increase
turnaround time from fielding date
– Incentives are additional, generally range $2-12
Benefits of LiveWire
• Cost efficient and easy to use
• Extremely fast
• Offers geographic and demographic dispersion
• Works effectively across a broad range of categories
• Allows for confidential topics to be comfortably addressed
• Provides range of research options
– Research is customized to client/budgetary needs
• LiveWire can become a valuable resource for your online research needs
• We have a proven track record to help win new business
• We can work as an extension of your department
– We should be the first “call”
• We will tell you what we can do to maximize your budget
• Our number one priority is to make your job easier and provide objectivity
• Let’s work together to keep revenue within the Network