• Due to the pessimistic economic outlook, sales volumes have come down in India’s major residential markets.
• Developers were willing to negotiate on prices and offered various incentives in primary market.
• In the secondary market prices were well below that of the primary market.
• We anticipate that the residential sector will witness lower demand until at least the national elections.
• For those looking at a longer term investment, this is a good time to buy as property today is available at discounts, and with prospects of a stable government the demand is likely to rebound.