CSWP offers a 3-credit graduate class FOUN 7100 “TEACHING K-12 WRITING”
CSWP is offering a limited number of $671 scholarships towards tuition.
The remaining cost of the course will be approximately $500 for participants eligible for Georgia in-state
tuition (including residents of Beaufort and Jasper counties).
Teaching K-12 Writing will be held on 5-1/2 Saturdays. All sessions are mandatory.
• Session 1: Sept 7 (9:00-1:00) Focus: Introduction and Writing to Learn
• Session 2: Sept 21 (9:00-4:00) Focus: Strategies for Teaching Writing
• Session 3: Oct 12 (9:00-4:00) Focus: 6-Trait Writing: Ideas & Organization
• Session 4: Oct 26 (9:00-4:00) Focus: 6-Trait Writing: Style Traits & Conventions
• Session 5: Nov 2 (9:00-4:00) Focus: Informative Writing
• Session 6: Nov 16 (9:00-4:00) Focus: Opinion/Argument Writing
• Notify CSWP, via email address below, of intent to apply.
• After receiving notification that CSWP is still accepting participants, apply to AASU graduate
program as a non-degree student
o graduate program application form
o $30 application fee
o immunization form (which includes an opt-out provision)
o Proof of Lawful Presence documentation - link to information:
o undergraduate and graduate transcripts
o Border Waiver for Beaufort and Jasper county residents
Applicants who have applied to an Armstrong graduate program in the past may only need to complete
a re-admit form.
Submit non-degree graduate program application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts should be mailed directly to Jill Bell, Director of Graduate Enrollment Services, Victor
Hall, Armstrong Atlantic State University; 11935 Abercorn Street, Savannah Georgia 31419.
Participants must be accepted and enrolled by August 28.
Lesley Roessing, Director, Coastal Savannah Writing Project, Armstrong Atlantic State University
P: 912.344.2702 F: 912.344.3436
CSWP Email: email@example.com
Website: http://www.cswp.armstrong.edu Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coastalsavwp