2.  A story (anecdote) ◦ Yourself ◦ Someone else
3.  Novels are narratives Movies are narratives Anything that is a story
4.  Make a point ◦ Do you want your reader to learn something? ◦ What do you want your reader to take get from the story?
5.  An incident that you experienced An incident that someone you know experienced
6.  afterward finally next after that first now currently later soon eventually meanwhile then
7.  Narrow your topic in light of audience and purpose. Compose a thesis statement that tells the point of the story. Prewrite for details
8.  Select the important events and details; drop any that do not clearly relate to the point in your thesis. Make an outline for the essay Write a draft of narrative using transitional expressions to indicate time sequence
9.  Revise Proofread for errors in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling, and mechanics.