1. 1Getting Started with ArcGIS 10.1 for Server on Amazon Web ServicesThese instructions will help you set up your first ArcGIS®for Server site using ArcGIS Server CloudBuilder for Amazon Web Services (AWS). Cloud Builder is a free desktop utility that you can downloadfrom the Esri Customer Care portal. It is designed to help you start and manage your ArcGIS for Serversite on AWS. These instructions are accompanied by a short video to help you visualize the steps.RequirementsTo complete all the steps in these instructions, you will need the following: A Windows operating system (XP, Vista, Windows 7) A high-speed connection to the Internet A perpetual, term, or 60-day trial license for ArcGIS 10.1 for Server* A perpetual, term, or 60-day trial license for ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop* (optional) Access to the Esri Customer Care portal** An Amazon Web Services account*** An e-mail from Esri Customer Service notifying you that an ArcGIS for Server Amazon MachineImage (AMI) has been shared with your AWS account.*If you need an ArcGIS for Server and/or ArcGIS for Desktop license, contact your local Esri representative.**If you need access to the Esri Customer Care portal, contact Esri Customer Service.***If you need information about your AWS account, visit Amazon Web Services.PurposeThese instructions will show you how to do the following: Download Cloud Builder from the Esri Customer Care portal Get your AWS account security credentials Use Cloud Builder to create an ArcGIS for Server site Get a license file for ArcGIS for Server from the Esri Customer Care portal Use ArcGIS Server Manager to test that your site is working Test publishing a service using ArcGIS for Desktop
2. 2Step 1: Download Cloud Builder from the Esri Customer Care portal. Go to the Esri Customer Care portal and log in with your user name and password. Under My Software, click Software Download. In the Products available for download column, choose ArcGIS 10.1 for Server Enterprise(Windows). In the Download Individual Setups section, expand ArcGIS for Server. Scroll down to ArcGIS Server Cloud Builder on Amazon Web Services and click the Downloadbutton. On the About the Esri Download Manager page, click the Click to download your file nowbutton. In the Open File pop-up window, click the Run button and then click the Continue button toinstall Cloud Builder. See Installing Cloud Builder for more information. Keep your browser with the Customer Care portal window open.Before you can start using Cloud Builder to create your ArcGIS for Server site, youll need your AWSsecurity credentials.Step 2: Get your AWS account security credentials. Go to Amazon Web Services, click the My Account/Console drop-down menu, and click MyAccount. Sign in to your AWS account by providing the e-mail address and password used for youraccount. Click the Sign in using our secure server button. On the Manage Your Account page, click Security Credentials. In the Access Credentials section on the Access Keys tab, highlight and copy your Access KeyID, and then paste the ID into a text editor application, such as Notepad. Go back to the Manage Your Account page and, under Secret Access Key, click Show. In the pop-up window, highlight and copy your Secret Access Key. Paste the key into the texteditor under your Access Key ID. Close the Secret Access Key pop-up window and sign out of your AWS account.With your AWS security credentials, you are now ready to configure Cloud Builder with your AWSaccount.
3. 3Step 3: Configure Cloud Builder with your AWS account and get a license file foryour ArcGIS for Server instance. Start Cloud Builder. In the Please enter your Amazon credentials window, enter your AccessKey ID and Secret Access Key by copying them from your text editor and pasting them into theappropriate boxes. Check Remember keys, and then click Sign In. In your browser, on the Customer Care portal, click Home, and then under My Software, clickAuthorization & Provisioning. Under the Provisioning tab, click the new provisioning file button. For License Type, choose Server/Runtime from the drop-down list. In the Core Products table, select Allocate.Note: Look at the Available Extensions table to see if any ArcGIS for Server extensions areavailable to you. If extensions are listed, you can get them at this time by clicking each box forAllocate. You can always come back later and get an extension. Click the Create Provisioning File button. Enter your user information, choose E-mail for the Delivery Options, and enter your e-mailaddress. Click the Create Provisioning File button. Once you receive the e-mail with the provisioning file, save the provisioning file to yourcomputer.Step 4: Use Cloud Builder to create an ArcGIS for Server site. In Cloud Builder, click Create Site. Enter the name of your site (no spaces or special characters). Provide a description and, forSoftware, choose ArcGIS 10.1 for Server (Windows) or ArcGIS 10.1 for Server (Ubuntu Linux)from the drop-down menu. For License file, click the Browse button and navigate to the provisioning file that you saved in theprevious step. Select it and click Open. Enter your e-mail address and then click Next. Choose an Amazon region from the drop-down menu and choose either an Availability zone orNo Preference from the drop-down menu. Choose an ArcGIS for Server instance type from the AGS drop-down menu. For Key pair, select Create new key pair. Click Next.
5. 5Step 6: Get layer data from ArcGIS Online to test publishing a service. Go to ArcGIS Online. In the Search box, enter county layer and press Enter. Click the USA Counties link to open the layer package item. On the item description page, click the Open button and choose Open in ArcGIS for Desktop. Depending on your operating system and settings, you may need to either click OK or chooseOpen to download the file. It may take a few minutes to download the file and open ArcGIS forDesktop.Step 7: Test publishing a service using ArcGIS for Desktop. In ArcGIS for Desktop, zoom in on the USA Counties layer to an area of interest. The view willrepresent the initial extent users will see when they view your service. Click File, click Share As, and then choose Service. In the Share as Service wizard, make sure Publish as Service is selected and then click Next. For Choose a connection, click the Add ArcGIS Server button. In the Add ArcGIS Server window, choose Administer GIS Server. For Server URL, copy your ArcGIS for Server URL from your text editor or from ArcGIS ServerManager (minus /manager/login.html?url) and paste it here. Enter your primary site administrator user name and password and then click Finish. Enter a service name (no spaces or special characters) and click Next. For Publish service to folder, either choose Use existing folder or create a new folder, then clickContinue. In the Service Editor window, review the different properties of the service and remember tocomplete the Item Description section; otherwise, your service will not publish. Click the Analyze tab. Assuming there are no errors to fix, click the Publish tab. Publishing the USA Counties servicewill take a few minutes. Once the publishing process is complete, go back to the Manage Services tab in ArcGIS ServerManager and refresh the page by pressing F5.
7. 7or Start ArcGIS for Desktop and click the Add Data button on the Standard toolbar. Choose a basemap to add to your map. Click the Catalog tool on the Standard toolbar to open Catalog. In the Look in list, choose GIS Servers to see a list of servers you have access to. If you dontsee the server you want, double-click Add ArcGIS Server to connect to a GIS server. Choose UseGIS services and click Next. Enter the same URL for your ArcGIS for Server site that you used instep 4, provide your user name and password, and then click Finish. Once connected, double-click the GIS server to expand it. If you stored your service in a folder,expand the folder as well. Drag your map service onto the map.For additional details, see Adding ArcGIS for Server map services.Using the ArcGIS Application for Smartphones and Tablets via an ArcGIS Online OrganizationalAccount The ArcGIS application is available for Android, iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), andWindows Phone.o Download the ArcGIS application for Android from the Amazon Appstore or from GooglePlay.o Download the ArcGIS application for iOS from the Apple App Store.o Download the ArcGIS application for Windows Phone from Marketplace. In the ArcGIS application, tap the Map icon and sign in to your ArcGIS Online account. Tap My Maps.Note: If youve organized your maps in folders, tap the folder where your map is stored.If you dont see your map or layer, make sure youve shared it with your group and/or everyone.See Sharing items. Tap the map name to add it.Using ArcGIS Viewers for Flex or Silverlight The viewers are configurable mapping applications available on the ArcGIS Resource Center.o Download ArcGIS Viewer for Flex. See System requirements and Installation guide.o Download ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight. See System requirements and Installation guide.