2. HOLI A spring festival, Holi or Holika celebrates the victory of good over evil.People have a color war. It celebrates spring.
3. HOLI PICHKAARI
4. RAKHI: A sister ties a thread bracelet on herRaksha Bandhan brother to show her love for him. Her brother promises to protect her through his lifetime. It celebrates relationships between siblings in families. Traditionally, and depending on his age, a brother will not marry until his sister does, showing his responsibility to see her settled.
5. What hobbies do young girls have? dancing singing music art cooking sewingIt is important to develop values of respect, obedience and discipline.
6. LIFE SKILLS ARE USEFUL
7. BHARATNATYAM…Is the oldest formal dance formin the world. This Indian classicaldance acts out stories fromancient mythology like theRamayana, the story ofRama and the Demon King.
8. KATHAKALI …Is dance and drama from South India. Ituses colorful makeup that looks like a mask.
9. OdissiA dance form that worships God. The postures are very difficult and need a lot of training
10. SINGINGGirls begin formal training whenthey are very young. They usuallylearn from the same teacher untiltheir training is done.A lot of discipline and practice isneeded to develop this skill. THE TEACHER PLAYS A MUSICAL INSTRUMENT TO KEEP BEAT TO THE SINGING
11. CRICKET is as sacred to India… …as baseball is to America
12. Movies GaloreIndia’s film industry is the largest in the world!Mumbai (Bombay) is called the Hollywood of India… BOLLYWOODMost Indian movies are musicals with lots of singingand dancing.Hindi movies teach pop culture, fashion and trendy music. The “masala” movie has it all and is always a box office smash hit!