<ahref="http://www.bosley.com" title="Hair Transplantation">Hair Transplantation</a> refers to transferring of normal hair from 1 site of the body to another.
There are 2 main types of <a href="http://www.bosley.com/about_hair_loss/hair_restoration_options.php" title="Surgical Hair Restoration">Surgical Hair Restoration</a> options. Follicular Unit Strip Surgery and Follicular Unit Transplant.
Follicular Unit Extraction is a hair transplant technique in which follicular units are removed directly from the donor site and transplanted into areas where the patient desires more hair to create a natural looking hair line. <a href="http://www.bosley.com/solutions/follicular_unit_extraction.php" title="FUE Hair Transplant">FUE hair transplant</a> has shorter recovery times as compared to others.Source: http://www.iahts.org/patient/types-surgical-hair-restoration-treatments.aspx
Visit our website for more information on <a href="http://www.bosley.com" title="Bosley Hair Transplantation">Bosley</a>.
Bosley Hair Transplantation
• Hair transplantation is a procedure to transfer hair fromone site of the body to another (typically areas that needmore hair).• It is the only proven permanent solution to male patternbaldness. It can also treat female baldness, to replacehair lost in trauma or burns, and to reshape eyebrows.• The hair is taken from an area called the ‘donor site’, andis planted in an area called the ‘recipient site’. Hairtransplant procedure utilizes one’s own natural hair.What is Hair Transplantation?
• Strands of hair are transplanted from the back and sides ofthe head, in groups of 1 to 4, since this is how hair naturallygrows• Because it uses a person’s own natural hair, the transplantedhair will grow like the rest of non-transplanted hair do. Assuch, the procedure delivers results that are natural.• Another advantage this extraction method has is it does notinvolve any scalp incisions or strip removal. Thus, the recoverytime is shorter, with no scars.
• In the strip method of hair transplant, a fine strip of hair from thedonor region is taken.• Sutures are used to close the donor area. There would be a thin butminimal scarring, as a result, and which is easily concealed by theremaining hair.• The donor strip (removed earlier) is divided into its folliculargroupings, or units, each containing one, two, three or four hairfollicles. Local anesthesia is administered in the recipient area ofthe scalp for the transplantation of each individual follicular unit.• This procedure might be suitable for average to extreme baldingcases, since it allows a lot of grafts to be transplanted in a singlesession, donor area supply permitting.
FUEFollicular Unit Extraction• No linear scar in donor area.• Can shave or keep hair short infuture• Can continue to harvest moregrafts for future FUEprocedures• Shorter recovery time andhealing time in donor area• Enable transplantation whenscalp is too tight for a stripexcision (FUT method)FUTFollicular Unit Transplant• Leaves a fine, but minimal, scar inback of head• Limits graft harvesting due topulling of scalp in futureprocedures• Longer recovery time and healingtime in donor area.• For proper donor area healing,strenuous exercise following theprocedure is not recommended.• More grafts can be extracted andplanted in FUT over FUE, thusallowing for maximum results inone procedure.• Less damage to grafts duringharvesting than in in FUE, wheregrafts tend to be more fragile.
• Bosley distinguishes itself with two key factors: Experience and Natural Results.Bosley has been a full-time hair restoration practice since 1974. It is all we do.• Bosleys follicular-unit techniques result in a hair restoration so natural, that it’shard to differentiate the transplanted hair from the non-transplanted hair.• Bosley’s Medical physicians have more than 100 years of combined experience, inthe hair loss and hair restoration industry, performing more hair transplants thanany other medical group in the world.• Every Bosley physician is required to be actively licensed in the state in whichhe/she practices, and a member of one or more professional associations. Beforejoining Bosley, all of Bosleys physicians have had years of training and experiencein their field.
• The profound knowledge and contributions of Bosley physicians in themedical field has made them a prominent face in the industry.• The countless number of professional affiliations, memberships, honors,and titles, stand as a testament to this: