1. Wassily Kandinsky an Abstract Expressionist
May 26, 2010
2. Wassily Kandinsky was born in Moscow (1866-1944)
He learned cello and piano from young age.
He studied law and economics and got his PHD.
He wrote concerning the spiritual in art.
He taught art at Bauhaus in Weimar Germany.
He was part of a group named The Blue Rider.
He married twice and Gabriele Munter, a Painter, was his big love.
Kandinsky lived his life fully and he was a handsome man.
3. “Everything starts from a dot”. Kandinsky
4. Volga Song
5. “A man who can move mountains”Franz Marc, painter
Autumn Landscape with Boats
6. Arabs I (Cemetery)
7. Improvisation 6 (African)
8. “Central to his career as a theorist, Kandinsky began to investigate ‘form’ in art form created from inner necessity”. Dr. Janet Mckenzie
Painting with Three Spots
9. “Color provokes a psychic vibration. Color hides a power still unknown but real, which acts on every human body”. Kandinsky
Improvisation 12 (Rider)
10. Wall Panel (for Edwin Ricampell’s villa)
11. “The relationship between art and music is central to an examination of Kandinsky's work”. Dr. Janet Mckenzie
12. On White II
13. “The impact of the acute angle of a triangle on a circle produces an effect no less powerful than the finger of God touching the finger of Adam in Michelangelo”. Kandinsky
Black and Violet
14. “The major exhibition on ‘ The Path to Abstraction’ was held in Britain, it met with mix of praise and hostility, ridicule of theosophy and simplified reliance on the theory of synthanaesia, the ability to see music”. Dr. Janet Mckenzie
15. “Art is a power that should be aimed at developing the soul. If art does not do this job, the abyss that separates us from God is left Without a bridge”. Paulo Coelho, writer
16. “I really believe that I am the first and only artist to throw not just the ‘subject’ out of my paintings, but every ‘object’ as well”. Kandinsky
Two Green Points
18. “A painting by Kandinsky gives no image of life-it is life itself”.Diego Rivera, painter
19. “If one Painter deserves the name ‘ creator’ it is he”. Diego Rivera, painter
20. Tempered Elan
21. Scharfruhiges Rosa
22. Merry Structure
23. “He expresses drama, destruction, complex relationships, candid beauty, courage and redemption through exquisite orchestrations of colour and line, like no other artist before or since”.Dr. Janet Mckenzie
24. “The more frightening the world becomes…the more art becomes abstract”. Kandinsky
25. “Some day, Kandinsky will be the best known and best loved of men”. Diego Rivera, painter
In The Bright Oval
26. References and sources
Studio International, Dr. Janet Mckenzie (deputy editor) sited at 5/ 22/2010
Wasilly Kandinsky- painting 1896-1944. sited at 5/22/2010
Paulo Coelho’s Blog sited at 5/23/2010
Kandinsky by Ulrike Becks-Malorny
The Painter’s keys quotes by kandinsky 5/24/2010
Music Pixar’s up soundtrac