2. Decide who you are & what you represent: • Work on your 1 page business plan • Can you summarise it in 60 seconds? “Elevator pitch” • Do you have a single mission?
3. Content is King: • People search Google 1st • People increasing search other channels • Your content doesn’t have to be all about you… make it richer and easier to create
4. Be consistent with your branding: • What handles do you have for web, blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube? • What images do you use? Are they joined up or just mixed up! • Keep it simple… ease of reproduction as well as first impressions.
5. Fish where the fish are: • Do engage in your professional groups • But target industry groups for business • Creating your own groups takes time, energy and resources.
6. Don’t just waffle on… • More often than not, less is more • Say it only once in a sentence • 3x in 250 words is good SEO… or was!
7. Be regular… • Google needs content • Readers enjoy regular contributions • People enjoy growing relationships
8. Enhance your reputation through sharing: • Sharing the tweets of others makes them feel good… and they’ll share yours… • Sharing blog articles by others enhances your reputation for quality •Sharing ideas freely encourage engagement and builds connections.
9. Be Visible… comment on blogs: • Shows your reading and interested in the thoughts of others, gaining wisdom • Adds a link back to your blog for humans and probably SEO benefits • Creates a conversation with you as a key player and who knows who is listening.
10. MAKE IT FUN ;) Thank you for listening Call me on 01753 852904 Email email@example.com
C Come and visit us @BusinessinBerkshireEXPO.com 21st June 2012 Blue Mountain Golf & Conference Centre Bracknell. RG42 4EX 50 exhibitors 4-500 visitors