Mechanic Santa Monica | Beverly Hills | Culver City
Santa Monica Radiator provides a full range of mechanic services for customers across the Westside
along with shuttle service, rental car pickup and towing.
Keep Your Car Running
Cars are expensive, and repairing them is expensive, too. Avoid car repairs by preventive routine
• Check the oil regularly and change it according to the schedule in the owner’s manual.
• Change the air filters regularly.
• Replace brake pads before they wear out.
• Replace the shocks as needed.
• Take care when driving in hot weather.
• And extra care when in cold weather.
You can get your routine maintenance done at a leading mechanic in Santa Monica, Santa Monica
Radiator. Preventive maintenance will preserve the life of your car and help you avoid more expensive
repairs. You’ll want to do this because:
• Oil is essential for lubricating the car’s engine and low oil or old oil will cause engine wear.
Check the oil regularly, aid oil it if necessary and make sure you change it as recommended
by the manual.
• The engine air filter gets clogged when it’s dirty, and when that happens it makes the engine
work harder. Some say driving your car with a clogged filter is like forcing a person with lung
disease to run a marathon.
• When the brake pads wear too low, you will eventually be grinding metal against metal,
leading to a major repair instead of a minor maintenance procedure.
• The shock absorbers protect the car’s suspension from getting damaged in rough driving
conditions. When shocks wear out, you can sustain damage to other parts of the car’s
• In hot weather, the cooling system works harder and the sun takes a toll on the car’s finish
and interior. Coolant should be replaced every two or three years. Make sure you wax the
exterior and try to protect the interior by garage-parking or using a windshield sunscreen.
• In cold weather, you may need an engine block heater and you must let the engine warm up
before driving – or even trying to use the electronic window-opener, which can break due to
The shop workers were named “Best Mechanics in Town” by Los Angeles Magazine. Santa
Monica Radiator was born in Oxnard in the 1920s, then opened other locations in The Los Angeles area.
Rental car pickup, shuttle service and towing can be arranged.
Santa Monica Radiator is at 1537 Lincoln Blvd. in Santa Monica. For more information, call 310-