Meet the Rosengårders
60% born abroad + 26% born in Sweden to foreign parents
a strong culture of threats
women subject to physical and psychological harassment
young people isolate themselves from society
source: the Center for Asymmetric Threat Studies at the Swedish National Defence College
Inability to speak Swedish at a functional level.
Lack of a permanent population.
A very young population.
The Human Layer
The Spatial Layer
The experience layer
The consequences of public space d i l u t i n g.
1. To enhance the social character of the public space through openness and democracy.
2. To increase the cultural diversity in the public space through inclusive and participative
design, focused on teenagers and young adults, the most vulnerable groups.
3. To reinforce thesense of community by generating a space in which local inhabitants can
develop attachment and belonging to their context.
4. To facilitate self expression, which is key in the generation of a local identity.
5. To emphasize the collective aspect of social life and promote involvement in community
A space where the lines
of flight become evident.